Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Updated scholarship count

0 HS
buckeyeboy31's picture
November 24, 2014 at 9:54pm
10 Comments

So with the new of Underwood and Carter moving on, I thought I'd update my spreadsheet and pass along the info I have.  Right now, I show that we have 37 players on both offense and defense and 3 on special teams.  This does not count any senior that is on a 1 year scholarship (Clinton, Frazier), and does not include Jeff Greene as I do not know if it was ever officially announced that he had been put on scholarship.  Here are the 2014-15 seniors/players leaving that I have....keep in mind this includes Braxton as of now but that obviously could change:

Braxton Miller, Devin Smith, Evan Spencer, Jeff Heuermann, Joel Hale, Darryl Baldwin, Antonio Underwood, Michael Bennett, Chris Carter, Steve Miller, Curtis Grant, Doran Grant

With us having 77 scholarships players (give or take), having 12 (as of now) players leaving (could change), and going back up to 85 available scholarships for the 2015 class, we are currently 2 over as we have 22 verbal commitments.  I've heard/read rumors that Liam McCullough will be greyshirting, so if he does we'll be 1 over. Everyone knows the questions surrounding how firm Carlton Davis is so that might make us even, but there will be more attrition before it is all said and done.  

If anyone has any updates to this, please let me know as I have my own grid and would like to keep it as up to date as possible.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments