Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Is There Any Team Ahead of Us Who...

0 HS
305Buck's picture
November 11, 2014 at 2:37pm
20 Comments

You all would be afraid to face after seeing how this team played against MSU? Me personally I think Ohio State could beat any of the teams ranked 1-6 and vice versa, they all could beat Ohio State. Perfect year for the playoffs as there really isn't any dominant teams this season.

Mississippi State struggles in a lot of games but always finds a way to win, but their OOC schedule is atrocious. If they lose to Bama or Ole Miss they are out of the playoff race based on their OOC alone (Southern Miss, UAB, South Alabama and UTM). That has to be the weakest OOC schedule of all time for a #1 ranked team.

Florida State has a weak run game, and their offensive line is so bad this season that their fans are calling for their offensive line coach to be fired. Jameis never has time to throw and when he does get pressured he throws up miracle passes hoping someone catches them. Their defense has also had a huge drop off this season after losing Pruitt. The one thing that scares me about FSU is that Winston seems to be able to take over games at will when his team is down. Barrett showed this ability as well vs. Penn State and MSU in two hostile environments.

Alabama's offense may be the worst of all the top 10 teams, the only thing going for them is their defense, but their defense doesn't match up well with spread offenses. I believe our speed and athletic ability can beat them to the outside, the same way Auburn, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M with Manziel did. Their secondary has also been questionable this season, and if it wasn't for SEC QBs being the worst of all conferences, Alabama may already have 2-3 losses.

And when it comes to Baylor, TCU and Oregon, Ohio State would be able to score at will against any of those defenses, and we have the size and speed on defense to overmatch any of those offenses. Imo if we played any of those 3 teams, it would be the same result as the MSU game. Both teams will score over 30, but Ohio State's defense would come up with key plays down the stretch to win the game.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments