Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Va Tech might be better than thought

0 HS
Squirrel Master's picture
September 8, 2014 at 5:17pm
13 Comments

Hey look, OSU has two teams ranked in the top 25 now! Maybe that horrible schedule isn't that bad after all.

I agree with so many of you that OSU played awful and there is a lot to point fingers at, maybe even moreso at ourselves for having too high expectations with so many unknowns. I can't believe I thought 7 new starters (4 oline, QB, RB and HB) wouldn't have a tough time against a good defense.

but, I also saw a very good Va Tech team that I did not expect. Of course we knew their defense would be tough to beat, and they were, but their QB was playing damn well. Did you know they had 9 different players record a rush! 9 DIFFERENT PLAYERS RAN THE BALL! Brewer scrambled away from some good Dline play by Bosa, Bennett and Washington (and the other guys too of course). He threw some really good balls to the sidelines for first downs (on third and longs). I know the defense should have stopped him more but its not like he was playing bad and we just couldn't do anything, OSU recorded 2 INTS and a couple sacks. They had 17 third down attempts in almost 6 minutes difference of possession, that means they struggled on the first two downs as well. I wish the defense played better but Brewer did not make it easy either.

I walked away pissed and disappointed like all of you, but I also walked away with more respect for Va Tech and I see them ruining some other teams days going forward as well. FSU better look out! Clemson better look out!

I see Va Tech finishing in the top 10 and challenging for the ACC title.

that is at least what I saw! Anyone else think Va Tech was better than we thought?

(BTW, we are kicking ourselves now but if Va Tech does run the table -its very possible- and if OSU runs the table - again, possible - we would be a 1 loss team with that loss going against an undefeated team. Highly unlikely, but the season didn't end last Saturday)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 13 Comments