Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Are we Michigan?

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture
September 7, 2014 at 6:05am
36 Comments

After suffering through a miserable 2011 season, there was a light at the end of the tunnel. We were getting a 2x National Champion who was supposed to lead the Buckeyes to 4 consecutive National Championships. Throughout his tenure we have yet to look like a top 5 team. The struggles against Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois, Indiana, Buffalo, UAB  doesn't scream dominant and our wins have came against Big10 teams who are also shitting the bed against the supposed "elite" teams. 

Are we Michigan? We're probably not that bad, but I think we all need a reality check. We are 1-3 in our last 4 games with losses to the 2nd best team in the ACC, a middle of the pack ACC team, and Michigan State, who was probably the best out of those 3. This is unacceptable for The Ohio State Buckeyes, and especially an Urban Meyer team. I know this current team faces difficult circumstances with losing Braxton, but this is bigger picture.

Ohio State has 4 games remaining in which I would consider a lock at winning. All other games are literally up in the air. Maryland scares me on the road, and now Im worried about Penn State. If we only lose 1 more game this season I would consider it a great season. This will be good for the Buckeyes to get back to their roots. It seems like all the focus has been on a National Championship since Urban has arrived. He has yet to win the most important championship, the Big10. This season a Big10 Championship is our National Championship. 

*Over reaction over*

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments