Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

VT legit? Or Bucks to blame?

0 HS
Patriot4098's picture
September 7, 2014 at 4:57am
14 Comments

I dunno that this VT team isn't a lot better than we were/are giving them credit for. That defense played lights out. Hands up with pressure through the middle. Edges were contained perfectly. Their man D in the back stuck to their assignments well enough to allow the front seven to wreak havoc. Just very well executed. I had heartburn over the O-line performance but it didn't turn bad until Bud Foster realized they didn't have to worry about the middle of the field. What bothered me most was their uncanny ability to convert 3rd downs. Seriously, their QB was clutch. If they keep that up and continue to spread the field for their RBs, VT could very well be top 10. Bottom line: I don't think that was all about our lacking. They certainly looked the part of a quality team. They were well coached on a solid game plan that seemed to test and break a newbie QB.

Granted, none of what I have said excuses poor blocking or subpar special teams. This is just one man's humble opinion.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments