Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

VT presser on OSU

0 HS
VTBUCK's picture
September 4, 2014 at 11:32am
14 Comments

Virginia Tech pumped noise into the stadium during Wednesday's practice to try to simulate what it might encounter at Ohio Stadium.

•  "You’re going to walk into an environment that you can’t hear anything," said offensive coordinator Scot Loeffler, who played and coached there many times while with Michigan, his last trip being the No. 1-vs.-No. 2 matchup in 2006 that the Wolverines lost 42-39. "So communication is crucial. 
  • "We do things very similar to what they do," Loeffler said. "Going to Florida, coach Meyer was able to teach me a whole different style and a different way of thinking, which was a blessing in disguise. It was great. It was an unbelievable experience and I appreciate the opportunity that I had."

Philosophically, at least, Bud Foster, defensive coordinator, likened Ohio State's offense to Georgia Tech's. 

• "They spread you out and they’ll try to pound you, but also they’ll try to spread you and stretch you horizontally too, in the run game and the pass game," Foster said. "They’re going to run it, run it, run it and take a shot. That’s kind of what they do."
  • After a few probing questions about how Hokies might defend OSU, Foster cut to the point: "I’m not going to tell you guys what we’re doing"
  • "It’s a good offense. It’s a pain in the tail to defend. ... You’ve got to be disciplined. You’ve got to be fast. And we’ve got to make plays in space, because that’s what they’re going to make us do."

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments