Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Ohio State drops 8 spots in ESPN Power Rankings

0 HS
jeremytwoface's picture
September 3, 2014 at 10:01am
23 Comments

Here are the rankings.

Obviously these things don't even matter so it's not a big deal. And it's even less of a deal this year with the playoff. But we can still look at them for the sake of discussion (and the inevitable bashing of the World Wide Leader).

The ranking mentions the 370 rushing yards that Ohio State allowed... and even though that's a good deal more than everyone expected, it doesn't look nearly as bad when you just look at total yards allowed which was 390 (still not great). If you look at some other top teams that struggled (Alabama - 393, FSU - 364), it's pretty comparable.

Alabama dropped 3 spots (from 2 to 5) and FSU didn't drop.

Also keep in mind that Ohio State was favored by 13 (it was 17.5 before Braxton's injury) and won by 17, FSU was favored by 17.5 as well and won by 6 and Alabama was favored by 26 and won by 10.

Obviously numbers aren't everything... But if that's the case, why judge Ohio State based on 370 rushing yards?

In my opinion, I'm still not sure Ohio State is a top 10 team right now... I need to see more from JT and I need to see the O-line perform better. But should they have dropped 8 spots when Bama only dropped 3?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments