Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Basketball Bucks '23-24, Part 2, 5-3 UCLA Fades Late in 65-56 Loss to 7-4 Villanova, Face Buckeyes Saturday

+21 HS
Blackcoffee's picture
November 27, 2023 at 8:05am
145 Comments

Taison Chatman. It seems Holtmann sees him as a potential 10-15 minutes a game guy. Maybe not, but plugging him in the Alabama game before the half is Holtmann's way of putting promising freshman in positions to fail to help them succeed. Last year he had no choice at some point in the season to embrace this mantra to its fullest, but is getting the opportunity to slow play it this year(thanks to Bonner and Milldleton contributing meaningful minutes). Is Devin Royal going to step up and solidify a spot on the 9 deep? Will he be the odd man out until he shows the ability to slow the game down? Bonner, Zed, Scotty, Devin/Taison, fortunately the next slate of games features 3 teams outside the KenPom 100(including Minnesota) so it will be interesting to see how the depth chart changes and/or solidifies before getting into the meat of conference play.

Meantime, I will leave you with a quote from the movie Cool Hand Luke when the warden of the chain gang played magnificently by Strother Martin tells Luke played by Paul Newman that,... What we have here is a failure to communicate

so, while you probably didn't even know I was gone or did know but said good riddance, I am back and more determined than ever to bring Buckeye basketball out from under the perfection seeking shadow of Ohio State football

and sheezy peezy, Bowen Hardman can shoot the rock!

Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 145 Comments