Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

2023-24 Basketball Expectation

+10 HS
Elguapo's picture
March 13, 2023 at 8:40pm
93 Comments

First I will admit I am an optimist of any Ohio state sports and sometimes my predictions reflect that but a lot of times my predictions end up decent mostly because Ohio state is pretty successful in sports. My expectations for next season are a 5 seed at worst and top 4 finish in the big ten. I think the big ten will be down as there will be a lot of attrition in the league. Imo we got a first team all conference point guard back in Bruce Thornton and I think roddy and Felix have the potential to be great players as well you could literally see their confidence grow by the minute. Zed key comes back as a player capable of averaging 12 and 8 so for about the first time in holtmanns tenure we have an elite PG and quality depth at the post with one of them being 6’11. We also bring in an excellent freshman class with guys that should contribute immediately. The only unknowns are if Brice comes back and if he leaves who do we get for a transfer I believe we will act accordingly, I could also see brown or holden transferring which doesn’t concern me to much. My prediction is we end up getting a top 4 seed and contend for a big ten title and maybe come up short by a game or 2. If holtmann can coach half ass he should be able to have a good sustained run for the next few years because I think our major contributors will all be 2-4 year players so I may be to optimistic but I am excited for next year and the couple after what is everyone else’s expectations/predictions for next season? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 93 Comments