Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Derek Culvers Recruitment?

0 HS
raiderred's picture
January 19, 2019 at 6:05pm
21 Comments

Let me start off by saying that I love Coach Holtmann and all he's done. Sill believe in him during this skid. Yet, I was watching Kansas vs West Virginia and couldn't help but notice Derek Culver. He scored the second to last bucket in regulation to beat Kansas. Stats were 11pts 7 rebs and 3 assists. Just a really good post player. Does anybody know why we didn't even really recruit?

He originally went to Ohio's Warren G. Harding school and then to Brewster for a prep year. I know he has had some trouble but I feel like he definitely would have been worth the risk and it wasn't serious problems. I mean if you are willing to get you ass chewed out by Huggins it shows some high character of respect and desire to learn. He is averaging 12 points and 8.6 rebounds per game. The guy is just a really good player and pretty obvious we could have used him with the depth concerns at big man. He's able to create his own shot which is something we are deeply lacking on this team. Just kind of seems baffling we didn't ever give the kid a shot with his talent and especially since we had scholarships available that we ended up giving to Lane.

I don't know. I just would have liked to have some risk taking in recruiting a top 100 player from our home state who is really gifted in a position we are lacking bodies. And yes, I do acknowledge that I do not know everything happening behind the scenes. I am just curious if anybody has more info since he seems like he could have made a significant impact on this years team.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments