College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Duke is Young and Really Frickin Good

0 HS
wigmon's picture
November 7, 2018 at 9:03am
74 Comments

I tuned in expecting to see a bunch of talented athletes on the floor competing at a high level, but thinking is might be sloppy early in the season with 2 fairly young teams.  What I saw was a team that looked like they could beat the Cavs right now.  Obviously some hyperbole there, but I do think Duke has 2 or 3 players that would be in the Cavs first 7 or 8 right now.  UK was supposed to be the more experienced team and a team that many think will win the national championship.  Duke complete dismantled them in every facet of the game.  It wasn't just UK having an off night offensively or not taking care of the ball.  Duke hung 118 on a team that has as much athleticism as anyone in the country and against a coach that prides himself on defensive toughness.  Calipari didn't even know what to say during the halftime interview. 

Does this mean Duke is a shoe in to win the title this year?  Obviously its way to early to say that, but I think they are without any doubt the clear favorite to win it all.  And I think we can welcome Zion Williamson to the Cavs next year.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 74 Comments