Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

What do you want the Buckeyes' rotation to look like this upcoming season?

+2 HS
bsk33's picture
August 5, 2016 at 2:05pm
18 Comments

Being that there has been a lot of speculation and discussion on potential OSU football starters and the fact there has not been a basketball topic posted for nearly 3 weeks, I thought I would give this a whirl.

The starters I would like to see: Lyle, Kam, KBD, Loving, and Thompson. Definite rotation contributors: Tate, CJ Jackson, Funderburk  Possible rotation contributors: Potter  and Wesson  Big guy foul trouble fill-in : David Bell

Despite the fact that Tate has started nearly every game in his career and Kam thrived as a 6th man last season, I would love to see their roles reversed. Too many games in the past two seasons have seen the Bucks struggling to get off to a fast start on offense. I like the scoring punch Kam brings to the table plus the spacing he helps provide due to his outside shooting reputation. Tate would still bring the high energy style that Kam brought off the bench. I also love the idea of bringing in Tate and CJ together. Tate could come in for Loving or KBD and CJ for Kam or Lyle depending on match-ups and the flow of the game. If CJ's excellent outside shooting holds up on the D1 level, that would help offset the potential shooting drop off you might have with Ja'Sean entering the game.

As for Funderburk, I am really hoping he turns out to be as good or better than advertised. The versatility he would give us off the bench would be phenomenal. You could go small with Funderburk spelling Trevor at the 5 or potentially have one of the tallest lineups in the country on the floor at times: 1-Lyle, 2-KBD, 3-Loving, 4-Funderburk, and Thompson, Potter, or Bell at the 5.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments