Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

What's Missing from the Basket-Bucks (last 3 years)?

0 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
February 26, 2016 at 9:43am
87 Comments

I don't believe it's talent. I regularly see teams with "okay" talent (less highly rated that OSU's players coming out of high school) doing better, playing harder, looking like a team. Think of the other Ohio schools like Xavier or Dayton. 

There are some outliers like Craft or Tate - who hustle and have heart. DRuss seemed "all-in" and I think would've been a better defender this year.  He was an NBA talent (as I believe Lyle is in a couple years).

But when I've watched these teams the last three years, they don't look like they have chemistry or heart. As things start to go against them, the effort appears to wane.  I just can't figure this out. They don't seem like bad guys, they just don't see like a team. 

I feel like they need to be in coach Mick's offseason program to learn mental toughness and team cohesion.

I believe the talents there. There has been some progress later in the season this year. I guess my theory is it looks like they don't play together or for each other. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 87 Comments