Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

OSU BBall Strength and Conditioning problem?

0 HS
HYDEYOKIDS's picture
December 20, 2014 at 10:55pm
26 Comments

There was a post about something like this last year and this year has increased my concerns. I have noticed that historically our players have not put on muscle and are very thin and underweight for their size. Guys who were big came in big and usually lost weight while here. I look at MSU and see their guys are big, filled out and usually get bigger and stronger the more years they are in the program. Besides Trey just about all of our guys are undersized weight wise. Scott, Thompson, Loving, Amir, Kam are all returning guys who have failed to put on weight. Lenzelle also had this problem. I think our lack of size has definitely hurt us. Slam is a great defender but I have seen him get pushed around and backed down by stronger guys. Loving makes good cuts but at times he lacks the strength and size to get to the rim. This seems like a recurring problem, is it time to start questioning our Strength and Conditioning coach? I feel like this would not happen if Marotti was working with these guys.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 26 Comments