Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics fan talk.

Basketball & football

0 HS
pcon258's picture
November 18, 2014 at 10:19am
4 Comments

Who do ya got? Here's the way I see it:

football:

pros: has all the tradition. Nothing replicates the excitement of a big buckeye football game IMO. I think we'll always be a football first school/state. I would trade 10 bad basketball seasons for a single football national championship. But as a current senior, I feel like we haven't had ANY of these big games at home. Which is sad. I'll always remember Wisconsin 2011 though. #LongLive5

Cons: it is STRESSFUL! Have to worry about winning every game, and winning impressively. Lots of blowouts against bad teams. Have to watch the B1G get ripped apart on ESPiN every week. It's hard to watch the team develop because there's so little margin for error. 

Basketball:

Pros: the big ten balls out! It's so nice to be in the thick of the B1G conference race at the end of the year. Every game counts, but a regular season loss to Purdue is seen as a hiccup, rather than a season-ruiner. And it's nice to get the sec-style benefit of the doubt when they're talking about the big ten shooty hoops. ESPN is like the shallow douche bag you hate, but whose approval you desperately seek. 

Cons: regular season doesn't quite have the excitement of the football season, because of the reduced stakes. And it can be frustrating when shots aren't falling (which seems to be happening a lot the past few years). 

Its ts also interesting to see the ooc scheduling. I remember Matta saying he likes scheduling cupcakes because the B1G schedule is so brutal. Is this any different from the SEC scheduling Presbyterian in November? Of course, but it's an interesting perspective to be on the other side of the spectrum. 

Anyway, that's just my two cents. Would love to hear some input on other buckeye fans preference between basketball/football. I happen to like basketball more as a sport, but I still prefer buckeye football. 

Sorry if this post is incoherent. Typed the whole thing on my phone on the ER bus to class. 

Fuggin go bucks. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 4 Comments