College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

B1G CG Ticket Resale

0 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
November 28, 2022 at 9:50am
11 Comments

Good morning Dubbers.  I'm not sure what's good about it, but the sun is still rising and setting and Christmas is still scheduled to occur on December 25th.

I have a question for those who purchased B1G CG tickets, or renew annually.  I have been purchasing them since 2014 and when Ohio State doesn't make it to the game, it used to be simple to resell them.  However, it's been a pain in the ass reselling them since they went to mobile tickets.  Why?, you might ask.  Because in my account, Ticketmaster does not offer the option to resell the tickets. 

Now, before I get into it I want to be clear, I sold my tickets so I'm not crying 'woe is me', I just want to see what others do.

I've researched this on the Ticketmaster site, and it says the following:

Listing tickets from your account

1. Sign in to your Ticketmaster Account.
  2. Find your order under the My Tickets section and click See Details or tap My Events on the app.
  3. Click the Sell Tickets button or the Sell button on the app. If the button doesn’t appear, is grayed out or you receive a message that the Event Organizer hasn’t activated resale, your tickets aren’t eligible for resale.
  4. If available, select the ticket(s) you want to sell and click Continue.
  5. Follow the prompts to choose your pricing and enter a payout method.
    - Skip the hassle by choosing the debit card payout option.  it requires no verification process on your part. Learn more information in the FAQ How and when do I get paid for tickets I sell?
  6. Review your listing and you’re done.

In my account, no such option to sell exists.

So, my question is how do you resell your tickets? 

I use Vivid Seats and make the listing as if I have a PDF ticket, then when the tickets sell I call their customer service number and request the buyer's email address so I can transfer the tickets directly from Ticketmaster.  So far, this is a bit of a process, but it works.  The reason for my post is that the CSR I worked with last night when I sold my final pair of tickets said that providing me with the seller's information "is a one-time courtesy", which I've heard every time I called, but he also said that if a private seller without a contract with Vivid Seats continues to sell mobile tickets by stating they are e-tickets they are not obligated to provide the buyer's information. That was a bit alarming, so I wanted to see what others do to unload their tickets.  For someone like me, living far from the B1G main footprint, online sales are really my only option.

Appreciate the information sharing.

Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments