College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

If Jim Delaney Was Still on the Job...

+2 HS
GoBuckswin's picture
August 14, 2020 at 8:02pm
28 Comments

If Jim Delaney was still on the job I don't know if we would have fall football in the BIG, but I do know four things:

(1) He would not have a revised football schedule released and less than a week later pulled it off table; 

(2) Even if the BIG presidents made it clear that fall football was not going to happen, Delaney would have at most delayed the decision to be on the SAME timeline as the SEC, ACC and Big 12 so that his conference would not take a beating in recruiting in the short and long term;

(3) Kevin Warren is in way over his head. I am not saying he is a bad or evil guy, just that he was not ready to handle this type of crisis. Delaney and his 3 decades of experience would have been able to handle this situation so much better; and  

(4) Ohio State lost (and continues to lose) more out of this ill-timed announcement than any other BIG or Pac-10 team (and it is not even close). 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments