College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Most Overrated Head Coach in CFB

+10 HS
Silver Sniper's picture
July 6, 2020 at 4:09am
89 Comments

A great question was asked to Dan and Colin during the last Real Pod Wednesdays about who the most underrated and overrated head coaches are in CFB (credit to JONGLEUR82). While Dan and Colin nailed the underrated HC question (PJ Fleck and Mario Cristobal), I thought their answer to the overrated HC question could use work (Brian Kelly and Dana Holgorsen). For one, Brian Kelly has led ND to a Natty game and a playoff appearance. And I don’t think he really gets much credit for being some great coach. Dana Holgorsen, I had honestly never even heard of him. If I had, I couldn’t have told you who he was from Adam. I don’t think he could even qualify as being rated if he’s not well known. I thought some low hanging fruit could include Jim Harbaugh, Chip Kelly, or even James Franklin. Digging deeper, names like Tom Herman, Jimbo Fisher (I know he won a Natty but like Ed Oregon, the stars aligned for him that year and Winston shouldn’t have even been eligible), or even Scott Frost come to mind. I’m only picking on their answer bc I love the show. Nothing but respect. But I would like to hear other thoughts for most overrated head coaches in CFB. Did they nail the underrated guys, or do you have someone better in mind?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 89 Comments