I am looking for some advice for my trip to Madison next weekend for the Badger -Hawkeye game. I have a group of friends and we live all over the country - Cleveland, Philly, Raleigh, Tampa, Dallas - and every year, we go on a college football trip where we pick a brand new school to go watch a game. This year its Iowa at Wisconsin. None of has been to Madison before so we are hoping to get some advice on stuff like:
- great bars/restaurants to try out
- tailgating spots to hit up
- tourist traps and places to avoid
- UW and Madison specific traditions or specialties to experience
- best ways to get around and avoid traffic/hassles
I posted in the forum a few months ago and got some great advice. Now that we are a week away I wanted to try again and see if there was anything I missed. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!