College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

OT: Clemson's $2 Bill Tradition

+6 HS
Brohio's picture
January 3, 2019 at 4:42pm
51 Comments

So apparently (I'm actually floored I didn't know this until now) since the 70's, whenever Clemson travels for bowl games/neutral site games their fans try to locally spend as many $2 bills as possible. They stamp the $2 bills with Clemson paws to further identify them. The origin of this tradition stems from the president of the Clemson Booster club wanting to show just how much inviting Clemson to a bowl game can impact the local economy. Firstly, what an awesome tradition. I skimmed through Twitter and saw lots of "Thank You" tweets from various bartenders/waitresses from the Cotton Bowl a few days ago. Can you imagine what it would look like if Ohio State would have come up with this? You'd have service industry people paying their rent for the month in $2 bills. Anyway, I really love this and thought I'd share. Here's the full article:

Link: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25671936/clemson-football-tradition-tiger-paw-two-dollar-bills

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 51 Comments