College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Jackson Carman and Clemson

+3 HS
EtTuBrute's picture
November 29, 2018 at 3:56pm
45 Comments

While I hate to bring up a recruitment that didn't turn out the way we wanted, I want to share an article I read on Jackson Carman.  As many will remember, he was a 5-star rated offensive tackle from Fairfield who surprised many by choosing to sign with Clemson instead of signing with Ohio State, which heavily recruited him. 

The article explains that his father had been pushing for him to go to Clemson since he was 13 and that he had long-standing ties to South Carolina.  His father is quoted in the piece, "The biggest story in my mind is what the people in Ohio and the recruiting agencies didn’t know. And that is how strong Jackson’s ties were to South Carolina."  

At the time, some fretted that Urban was losing his recruiting touch by "allowing" a top Ohio player to leave the state.  Well, it turns out there was more than met the eye.

Here's a link to the article, from a Clemson site:  https://rubbingtherock.com/2018/11/16/qa-jackson-carmans-dad-is-happy-his-son-chose-clemson/ 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 45 Comments