College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Dabo's Feelers Are Hurt, and He's Letting the Fan Base Know It...

+10 HS
kmp10's picture
November 29, 2018 at 11:30am
107 Comments

Dabo is the top trender on YAHOO as I type this, and the reason is that he went off on the Clemson fan base during the ACC title game teleconference, voicing his disappointment in their expectations and dissatisfaction with their griping, moaning, and bitching after a 21 point win Vs S. Carolina. The points he made are fair, imo, despite the fact that I cannot stand the guy. I've been guilty of the very thing Dabo's complaining about... pitching a bitch about a Buckeye win that feels like a loss. The interesting part, however, is that he threatened to leave if the fans don't straighten up their act. I hear him, I really do... but the excessive amount of money the coaches are being paid, multiple millions of dollars, has gotten to the point that anything short a national title is considered a failure by a portion of the fanbase. Fred Pagac said it best when he was at Ohio State, "The pressure and expectations are absurd... and I wouldn't have it any other way. If you don't want pressure... if you don't do well with pressure... then go to a program where they're happy if you win seven games a year, because that is most definitely not Ohio State." Dabo has created his own monster... Ohio State/Alabama/Oklahoma expectations at Clemson... and he's paid handsomely to do it. 

“I just want to win by one more point. If that ever gets to where that’s not enough, then it’s time for me to move on somewhere else. I ain’t never going to apologize for a 21-point win over a state rival, ever,” he began. 

“You people who suggest it felt like a loss, y’all need to check yourself, too. I’ve been here 16 years and for all those people out there who want to complain about five wins in a row and winning by three touchdowns, man that’s shameful. That’s a lack of respect for our program and a lack of respect for the effort that these players and coaches put in. I hope you write that. 

“The senior class has won 52 games and we’ve got people complaining. Give me a break. If 12-0 ain’t good enough, then it’s time to seek other places. Make sure you get that. I’m going to say it one more time: We’ve got eight 10-plus win seasons, we’re 12-0. It’s the third time in the history of this school we’ve won five state championships in a row. And when that’s not enough for some people, that’s sad. That’s sad.” 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 107 Comments