College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Moving B1G Conference Format to Big 12 Style

+2 HS
Buckeyeinsc's picture
November 14, 2018 at 11:54am
33 Comments

I think we can all agree that the B1G divisions are night and day in terms of competition and talent. The East is stacked with big name schools like Ohio State, Penn St, U*, and MSU while the West fights for scraps and is a moshpit of mediocrity.

Given the current conference alignment and NW winning the West, and sealing their bid in the B1G Championship game, I feel like the conference as a whole has shot themselves in the foot. 

If you observe the method in which the Big 12 determines their champions you get a clear and concise merit system. Instead of having divisions they let the 10 teams slug it out with the top two teams sealing a bid, and potentially a rematch. Yes, they have less teams then us. Yes, there is the potential that some teams might play better competition but given that we already play a more stacked schedule than the West I think it would give us more parody.

What are your thoughts on this? Would you like the possibility of seeing a rematch between Ohio State and scUM in the Championship? Do you think it would detract from the rivalry or up the stakes? Would it put pressure on the low/mid tier teams to step up?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments