College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Will Pat Fitzgerald Leave Northwestern Any Time Soon?

0 HS
mmp15f's picture
November 11, 2018 at 6:41pm
59 Comments

I'm really curious as to what people think. Pat Fitzgerald has proven to be quite a good coach. He overachieves at Northwestern for sure; in his time as their head coach he's had three 10-win seasons. That's pretty impressive given the level of talent that Northwestern brings in and you'd think that more big programs would be offering him jobs when they have head coaching vacancies to fill.

For all we know, however, maybe he has gotten some good offers but has turned them down. Northwestern is his alma mater and I'm sure that's a big factor for him. I think another reason he might be content staying there is that he isn't under much pressure at all. At Northwestern, winning 8 games is considered a relatively good year and if you win 10 games it looks incredible. There isn't that level of pressure that coaches at big time programs face to consistently be ranked in the top-10, compete for conference championships, and be in the CFP discussion. 

So my question is: Does anyone see Fitzgerald leaving Northwestern any time soon, or ever?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 59 Comments