College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

UCF Playoffs?

0 HS
TheDizzle's picture
October 6, 2018 at 9:17pm
15 Comments

UCF is currently leading SMU 34-10 in the 3rd...

No one seems to be talking about UCF in the playoff conversation which is strange for a team that has won 17 games in a row (soon to be 18). I get it. They are a group of 5 school, but they proved everyone wrong last year by beating Auburn in the Sugar Bowl. They took their "big boy" litmus test and finished last year ranked sixth in the AP, they haven't done anything but win games by an average of 32 points ever since. BTW they still have McKenzie Milton who is putting up Heisman like numbers.

Right now the playoff field seems to be pretty clear with Bama, tOSU, Clemson, and ND being the clear front runners. I wouldn't argue that UCF deserves to get in before any one of those teams right now BUT if one of those teams were to pickup a loss over the course of the season (Looking at you Notre Dame), then I would have no problem letting UCF be in the playoffs. Yes, they aren't one of the 4 best teams in the country and Bama would probably crush them but it would be a tragedy if a team with a (hypothetical) 25 game winning streak got left out simply because they play in the American Conference. 

Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments