College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

A Quarter of the Way Through the Season, Who Are the Top Four Teams in the Country? Who Are Your First Two Out?

+5 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
September 28, 2018 at 1:15pm
51 Comments

Pretty simple, here's my rundown:

1. Alabama-Until further notice, Alabama is the team to beat. I don't think they're as indestructible as everyone says, and their schedule hasn't exactly been "daunting," but they are who they are.

2. Ohio State-The most balanced offense in the country, and the most ferocious DL in the country. The secondary is getting better as the year goes on. Still some concerns with the LBs that have to get worked out, but overall it's hard to find any fatal flaws with this Buckeye team.

3. Georgia-They haven't been asked to do much, like Bama, thus far, but they've been pretty convincing when they've had to be. I personally think Missouri is a pretty good team, with a good QB, so a win over them does make a difference IMO. We won't know much about Georgia until midway through October when they face Jeaux and the Tigers.

4. LSU-Of the top 4, they've played the toughest schedule so far and have wins over 2 top 10 teams. Jeaux Burreaux hasn't been a statistical dynamo, but he's done a great job managing the offense for the Tigers. They're a pretty balanced team and play good defense.

5. Clemson-My first team out, I haven't been overly impressed with the Tigers so far, although I do think they're considerably better with Lawrence. Their schedule hasn't been much to talk about this year, but an undefeated Syracuse this week will test them and give them a chance to get retribution for last year.

6. Stanford-I'm impressed with Stanford's ability to shift their game plan when teams take Bryce Love out of the equation. And honest, with Love's laundry list of injuries so far this season, he hasn't been much of a factor.

That's my list, what say you?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 51 Comments