College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Week#1 Game Predictions- B1G and Other Top Matchups

+10 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture
August 24, 2018 at 9:53am
47 Comments

Here we go!  The 2018 season really starts this weekend, with 4 games on Saturday.  I'll watch Hawaii @ Colorado State ..Sat, with no rooting interest either way.  The main chunk of Week 1 goes Thursday, Friday, next Saturday.  Will put em down in order of when they happen

New Mexico State @ Minnesota- I expect Minnesota to be improved in 2018 and win this by +21

Northwestern @ Purdue- Purdue is a 3 point favorite, Northwestern has a history of slow starts to a season, under Fitzgerald.  I think Purdue wins by 10

Utah State @ Michigan State-Sparty is a 23 point favorite, and I don't think they cover. Not that MSU isn't good, just Dantonio goes vanilla, when he can

Western Kentucky @ Wisconsin-don't know if Wisconsin has enough offensive firepower to cover the 35 point spread, but they win regardless

Oregon State @ Ohio State-So Ohio State is a 37 point favorite here?  No way I'm giving those points.  I think Ohio State wins, but a 37 point win is a lot to ask for in a noon opener with an interm coach

Texas @ Maryland- I want Maryland to win this, but no way that's happening, imo.  Road game revenge for Texas, and Maryland has had an extremely emotional summer.  Taking Texas and giving the 13 points

Kent State @ Illinois- Well Lovie, what are you doing in Champaign?  Year 3, now.  Got to believe Illinois covers the 16 point spread, or it's a bad sign for the rest of Illinois season

Texas State @ Rutgers- I would be shocked if Rutgers lost their home opener

#6 Washington vs #9 Auburn- in Atlanta- I have no idea who wins, but love the coaching matchup.  I like Peterson's overall ability to run a program, but Mahlzon has some fun offensive schemes.  

Appalachian State @ Penn State- I don't know much about App St, but Penn State being favored by only 24 points, is a bit surprising, to me.  Penn State wins for sure, but maybe gonna need to pump the breaks on them being a top 10 team

Tennessee vs #17 West Virginia- Charolette NC- Skoal, bib overalls and Jack Daniels are the real winners in this game

Northern Illinois @ Iowa- if this was a night game, Iowa by 50, 3:30 game so Ferentz's 2018 B1G COY campaign starts by winning, but only by 7.

Indiana @ Florida International- Indians has lost games like this in the past, who knows

#14 Michigan @ #12 Notre Dame- Michigan will win this by 18+ points. Game has a win-win and lose/lose feel to it

Akron @ Nebraska- Brasky only favored by 23, they win and cover easily

#8 Miami vs #25 LSU- Arlington, Texas- Burrow! Burrow! Avoid that turnover chain, bro.  LSU may be the only SEC school I root for, the whole year.....or as long as Burrow is their QB

#20 Virginia Tech @ #19 Florida State- I really don't care about either of these teams, and I probably won't even watch the game. Florida State is favored by 7, so there is that.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments