College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Five Reasons Why I Want MSU to Win the Natty

0 HS
UniotoTank55's picture
December 24, 2015 at 12:42am
87 Comments

I hate meat chicken state as much as the next guy.  They've spoiled two title shots for us, and rob Ohio's cradle constantly to get their top talent.  However, I am pulling for MSU to win the CFP.  Here is why, in no particular order:

1.  I hate Alabama more

Colin Cowherd and Michael Thomas both said it best this year: Alabama is living off reputation.  And the media is fueling that.  Their offense is overrated (they can't throw the ball) and they just haven't beaten anyone.  Nothing would please me more on new year's eve than to see this face:

2. Conference Strength

Yeah, I know that there are people that say "The whole 'Big Ten teams need to win to raise approval for the conference' thing is bogus", but I am not one of those people, with the lone exception that I want TTUN to get trounced in their bowl.  An MSU win over Alabama might be the final nail in the coffin to finally prove that the Big Ten has moved ahead of the SEC.

Okay, maybe not proof with ESECPN, but other people will agree with me...

And if they beat Oklahoma/Clemson, the Big Ten will have back to back national titles.  You could even argue that the second came from the team who wasn't even the best in the conference.

3.   Let 'em have their Turn!

MSU has failed to win football's crown every acknowledged autumn from 1966 to the present day.  Oklahoma has won four titles in that time frame, and Alabama has won eight.  The Clemson Tigers even stumbled upon one in 1981, behind quarterback Homer Simpson Jordan.  I mean c'mon, everybody needs to break a championship at some point, right?  I'm sure they could Wriggle-up a Cub-le wins and break a spell of no championships.  (That's right, I'm a Reds fan who proudly pokes at the perennial losers).

4.  Even little brothers need post-national title drug-like euphoria

5.  It'll be that Much Sweeter...

Lemme set the stage for ya.

It's a nippy evening on the date of November 19th, 2016.  The undefeated Buckeyes roll into East Lansing against the undefeated defending champion Spartans.  After running back an opening kick for a touchdown, Ohio State pick sixes the MSU quarterback.  It is an absolute bloodbath from there.

Final score: 82-0, Ohio State scoring two points for each yard of the Geiger field goal.

And all Dantonio can do is sit in depression as the turned MSU band plays Carmen Ohio for the buckeye faithful.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 87 Comments