College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Coastal Carolina to jump from FCS to FBS

0 HS
huntinwabbits's picture
September 1, 2015 at 1:13pm
28 Comments

ABC Carolina Live Link

For those of you who frequent the Myrtle Beach area, you may be interested to know that the local school in Conway is making the jump from FCS to FBS and joining the Sun Belt conference. All sports but football will join for the 2016 season and football in 2017. You may remember them from the new 'teal' field they just installed:

Coastal is in I think it's 12th year as a program and has had some good success the last three years. They have made it pretty far in the playoffs losing the last two years to FCS powerhouse North Dakota St. Their coach is the former CEO of TD Ameritrade so I think that the school wants to take the leap while they have a smart business man leading the way. He has also won the Big South championship every year he has been at CCU. Anyways, just thought some of you who frequent the area would be interested in knowing there is going to be a FBS football team there now. As a local residence of the area, I sincerely hope that one day they steal recruits from USC and Clemson (who wouldn't want to play big boy football at the beach?) and eventually be good enough to do a home and home with our Buckeyes so I can see the Bucks play again without traveling forever!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments