College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

The Dean situation may be a look at some problems

0 HS
allinosu's picture
April 9, 2015 at 9:41am
42 Comments

I will stand behind OSU on this one even though the HIPPA keeps us from knowing the whole situation but some of the things said on the other side does bring up some questions moving forward. If he can't play here then he will try somewhere else. Now we have all read at one time or another that football will have to evolve to have a future but if other teams are willing to benefit from universities looking out for the athlete's well being then it's a train wreck. I'm sorry to offend but I see coaches like Jimbo Fisher saying he just wants to give athletes a chance to play when he really just wants to win. I don't see how football as a whole can win trying to do the right thing. Somewhere down the road someone will sue because their rights have been violated and win because of crooked lawyers and doctors. I suppose a universal clinic could be established that all athletes in question would be sent to and would have to sign a waiver to continue to play but even that has problems in our court system. Dean will most likely find a home and play but at what cost to him and that university if he is seriously hurt.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments