College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

B1G Week 6 predictions

0 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture
September 28, 2014 at 7:30pm
21 Comments

Ohio State @ Maryland- I really am starting to get confident in OSU's development into a very good team.  I'm still not confident in OSU's pass defense.  Stefan Diggs is going to give OSU all they can handle, and Maryland can, with success, throw to their running backs.  For being a Noon game, I'm glad it is on the road.  Buckeyes will win 35- 30.

Purdue @ Illinois- $13 gets you a ticket to the game.  That's all I care to say about this matchup.  Illini wins 24-21

North Texas @ Indiana- Indiana should win by at least 2 scores.  Hoosiers 35-17

Wisconsin @ Northwestern- Wisconsin should run for over 200 yards, and win in a low scoring game 24-14.

Michigan @ Rutgers-  is Michigan really that bad?  I look at some of their players and they seem to have some talent.  Is Hoke that bad of a Coach?  Rutgers lost at home to Penn State and scored 10 points doing so, Michigan has a better team than Penn State, right? FWIW, picking Michigan to win 17-16.

Nebraska @ Michigan State- wow, awesome matchup.  I really like a number of Nebraska players, and they seem to be playing with a chip on their shoulder, this year. Michigan State is at home, and I expect QB Cook to give Nebraska's defense trouble in the passing game.  Amir Abdullah is fantastic, but I don't think QB Armstrong will pass enough to force Sparty's defense to put less than 8 in the box.  Michigan State wins 33-21. 

Since we are in (for the most part) Conference play, there are fewer games to look at.  Till the end of the season, we will also look at any match ups around CFB that pit 2 top 25 teams against each other.  For week 6: just picking winners

Texas ATM at Mississippi State-  Miss St. 

Alabama @ Ole Piss- Alabama

Oklahoma @ TCU- not quite sure how Oklahoma is ranked behind Alabama in the polls, both teams beat West Virginia, this year by about 11 points.  It's as if selective/SEC protective memory ignores Oklahoma's beating of Alabama, 9 months ago.  Spooners beat TCU.

Stanford @ Notre Dame- Notre Dame is #8 because they beat Rice, Michigan, Purdue and Syracuse..... Have to let this sink in a bit.  Notre Dame wins another ref assisted home game.

LSU @ Auburn- yes Les, this year, you are rebuilding, not reloading.  Auburn wins.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments