Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Indy Suburbs - Who's out There?

+2 HS
steve-OH's picture
October 18, 2017 at 3:56pm
14 Comments

Currently in the Raleigh/Durham area, but being 12 hours from family has been difficult on my wife and kids for the last 6+ years. Being distanced has been good in ways, but at times it makes it difficult. They all live up in NW Indiana. 

We've been tossing around the idea of moving next year, and are thinking that the Indianapolis burbs will put us comfortably close (easily a day trip or weekend trip), without being right back in the thick of the every day life with them. It would make life easier for vacations and holiday times.

We've looked at some of the west suburbs like Avon, Plainfield, and Brownsburg, as well as the east suburbs near McCordsville. I know the north area near Fishers and Carmel is popular, but I don't want that traffic nor do I think I can afford Fishers real estate.

I don't think it would be an issue for me to work remote from home or a co-office space.

Anybody in that area have some input on neighborhoods or locations?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments