Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Long Season Ahead for two Florida Teams

+1 HS
cratermann11's picture
September 7, 2017 at 1:23pm
5 Comments

Understandably, the NFL decided to postpone Sunday's week 1 match up between my favored team, the Miami Dolphins, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. If you weren't aware, both teams had a bye scheduled for week 11 so the NFL was able to reschedule the game for that week. The game was postponed to allow for players, coaches, and the rest of the team affiliates to prepare for the coming disaster and to ensure that family and friends are safe. It is nice to see that the NFL is putting the safety of the players and the communities above football in this instance, but it will be interesting to see how the season goes from here on out for the Dolphins and Buccs. 

These two teams will be asked to complete the grueling 16 game NFL schedule without an off week. Many players on the Dolphins have expressed their displeasure with not having a bye now to accommodate for an already long and tiresome season. Not to mention Miami also makes a long trek over to London for a "home" game as well. If either of these teams end up making the playoffs, I will be utterly shocked and very impressed by the respective teams' resilience. It would have been interesting to see what the NFL would've done had these teams not had the same bye week; hopefully us fans will never have to find out what the NFL would do in that situation.

Best of luck to both of these teams as they face a daunting test ahead of them. Stay safe this weekend with the coming storm as the southern part of the country will be kept in my prayers from up here in Ohio, especially the Dolphin's (and OSU's own) Raekwon McMillan.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 5 Comments