Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

MiamiBuckeye's Monday Music Medley XXXIII (Guitars Galore 3)

+12 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
July 31, 2017 at 3:45pm
17 Comments

Hello, beautiful people.

This'll be the last medley for a little while. Those of you who follow my Fake News series know why, but for anyone who doesn't, I'm going to Europe for two weeks and won't have reliable internet connection. Anyway, I'll see you all when I see you.

Today we're worshiping at the altar of the almighty axe.

This first song is by one of my favorite bands, Sonata Arctica, and features some blistering guitar work by former lead guitarist Jani Liimatainen. This is one of my favorite metal songs of all time: "Wolf and Raven."

Any Dragon Ball Z fans here? Well, if you are, you'll no doubt recall that the American dub of the show featured some incredible music from composer Bruce Faulconer. This here is a guitar cover of the score from one of the greatest scenes from the anime, the scene where Goku goes Super Saiyan 3 for the first time ever ("This is to go even further beyond!"). This performance courtesy of YouTube guitar sensation 94Stones.

Has anyone here heard of a guitarist by the name of Dick Dale, King of the Surf Guitar? Maybe, maybe not, but I can almost guarantee you've heard the signature riff of his most well-known song, "Misirlou," made famous by its use in the movie Pulp Fiction. Below we have an interesting piece, a medley of three separate Dick Dale songs he performed in 1963: "Surfin' Swingin'," "Misirlou," and "Wedge." 

And last on our medley, a truly beautiful, somber instrumental by As I Lay Dying. This song is called "Departed," and is just as elegaic as its name suggests.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments