Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

The Beer Thread

+9 HS
shawn kemps kids's picture
May 2, 2017 at 1:31pm
162 Comments

Note to Mods: there is a craft beer thread I found when using the search function but the last post was over 2 years ago and it had 220 comments so I felt it okay to make a new thread. If I missed a more recent one, I apologize and please shut this down.

I've been trying more and more beers over the last year. I used to just stick with what I knew and liked, especially since craft beers tend to be pricier. I'm not trying to spend $10 on a 6 pack and hate it after one drink. But as I slowly kill off debts and climb the corporate ladder I have more disposable income and more willing to risk it. I like a wide variety of beers. Here are some of my favorites I've been drinking the last few months in no particular order:

Spotted Cow by New Glarus Brewing Company in  New Glarus, Wisconsin. My buddy is finishing up law school in Milwaukee and brought some down when he visited, a very easy cream ale to drink. Only a 4.8% ABV.
Truth, Hop Kit, Dad and Cougar by Rhinegeist in Cincinnati. Truth and Hop Kit are both India Pale Ales at 7.2% and 6.6% ABV, Dad a hoppy holiday ale (winter drink) at 6% and Cougar a blonde ale at 4.8%. 
Honey Wheat Lager by North High Brewing, Columbus. No name for it, just a honey wheat ale at 5.8%. 
Hopsecutioner by Terrapin in Athens, GA. This might be my favorite right now. An American IPA at 7.3%. 
Tropicalia by Creature Comforts also in Athens, GA. Another American IPA, not as good as Hopsecutioner but still a solid choice. 6.5%. 

As you can tell, I'm not a dark beer guy. And for pre-football games I stick with good old Bud Light. What is everyone else drinking these days? Anyone have any recommendations?

As far as finding these, I'm not sure on most. Most Cincinnati stores have some of Rhinegeist and Madtree (not listed above). I have noticed Kroger carrying at least Rhinegeist in Columbus but not sure on Madtree. Party Source in Northern Kentucky carries Terrapin but not North High, New Glarus or Creature Comforts. I need to check Jungle Jim's too. There's a random Marathon gas station that has Terrapin on the Westside of Cincinnati (White Oak new St. James, if anyone is interested) but haven't seen it anywhere else yet.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 162 Comments