Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Any Orthopedic Experts on here? Knee Injury

+2 HS
BuckeyeCrusdader's picture
April 8, 2017 at 9:05am
51 Comments

I was playing pick up basketball last night and hurt my knee running out and jumping to block a 3 point shot. It definitely hurt but wasn't crazy pain. I could tell something wasn't quite right but I continued to play but without exerting much effort during deceleration and change of direction. I could still jump though.

Afterward when I got home walking was definitely difficult as was sitting down and standing up.

This is still the case today. The knee is still sore and seems slightly unstable. There isn't any noticeable swelling or bruising though. Straightening my leg is definitely painful/uncomfortable and comes with a minor cracking/popping noise.

After reading online it seems like there's a chance it could be an ACL and or meniscus injury. I am definitely hoping it's just a sprain and won't require surgery. I also would like to avoid having to go to the doctor for financial reasons -- unless anyone has any tips for getting a knee checked out coded as "preventative check-up" for insurance purposes.

Does anyone here have any insight as to which type of injury.. or hopefully sprain that I have? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 51 Comments