Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Thank You For Your Service

0 HS
Buckeyes01752's picture
March 18, 2016 at 8:13am
12 Comments

Earlier this week, a Massachusetts State Trooper was killed during a traffic stop when a vehicle slammed into the back of his police SUV.  The state trooper, his wife and 6 kids (yes, 6) all live in Hudson, MA which is where my wife grew up and her family have been for over 30 years.  The funeral and wake are at the same church we got married in, which is literally 200 yards from my mother and father-in-law's house.  I drive by this church every day on my way to pickup/drop-off my son with my mother-in-law.  My uncle/god-father is a retired MA state trooper.  This is hitting a little too close to home for me today.

I know a lot of 11W members have served in some way, so I wanted to come on here and thank every one of you first responders and military personnel who have risked your lives to protect the people of this country.  You don't get the credit that you deserve until it's too late.  If you're a service member, active or otherwise, or a first responder of any kind (police, fire, ems, etc), please post in the comments what branch of military you served in and years you served so I can distribute some well deserved helmet stickers.

Thank you all for what you've done to keep this country and it's citizens safe.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments