Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

The Oreo Argument

0 HS
Cooper's picture
March 8, 2016 at 8:45am
145 Comments

I have not posted an obscure forum topic since my last poot column, but some friendly banter I had with a buddy has turned me to the 11W commentariat. Oreos.

I started it with a "I love Oreos" statement. Simple enough. My buddy responded back with "Yeah, well you're a disgrace because you don't like double stuffed." I wasn't prepared for shots to be fired. Before the rest of you reply with "You're a damn Commie for not liking double stuffed!", I came up with a theory. The double stuffed Oreo has too much cream to create a balanced marriage with the insufficient chocolate. Unless the cream is peanut butter, it simply is just overbearing. 

My friend then pulled out his metaphorical 12 gauge and popped me with the "You're just un-American for not using milk and embracing the ultimate snack." Now, I have been known to dabble with milk and Oreos (it is enjoyable, there is no denying that), but I am just too lazy to make an event for my snack. I don't want to get the milk out only to get my hands messy and have the off chance of the Oreo being soggy. Said buddy goes on to explain he sticks a fork in the cream, dips the fork into the glass of milk, waits for the bubbles to stop, and eats the Oreo. I had no idea this level of fatassery existed, that a person could sit on his couch and dissect the art of Oreo eating like he was working on his dissertation for entropy and its role in global discord. This is coming from a guy (me) who puts peanut butter on his pop tarts occasionally, as well.

What is your method for eating Oreos? Eat double stuffed plain, dip them in peanut butter or milk, eat them like a mad scientist? I prefer Oreo minis and peanut butter Oreos, frankly. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 145 Comments