Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

The Inaugural Weekly Workout Post

Johnny Ginter's picture
November 11, 2015 at 7:48pm
182 Comments

hey guys, i've been wanting to make a thread like this for a while, but just never got around to it. i thought it would be cool to start kind of a weekly workout thread, where we can discuss tips, tricks, goals, (legal) supplements, victories, etc.

11W has a massive user base, and as someone who is stretching a very limited knowledge of exercise in general to it's absolute maximum in an effort to get stronger, i figured that i should utilize our collective bro-science so that i can be at least as strong as a dane sanzenbacher or an amir williams.

ANYWAY, let's get this party started with some introductions. if you want to, go ahead and make an intro post including any or all of the following:

• goals/motivation
  • biggest inspiration
  • resources that you use for working out
  • inspiration
  • open questions for the community

i'll get this started

• i lift weights 4 days a week, using a routine that i developed taking bits and pieces of routines that i found on the internet. it's essentially a heavy/light day program centered around 5 or 6 main exercises. i try to avoid squat or deadlift due to some back issues (i have minor scoliosis), but i try and make up for that with other stuff. i've been kind of seriously lifting weights for a few years, but im not very good at it
  • basically i just wanna be stronger. ive battled some stomach issues and other physical stuff over the years, and i finally feel like im in a good place in terms of understanding how my body works in general.
  • probably my biggest inspiration is jennifer thompson. she's a 132 pound mom in her 40s, and benches 315 pounds and is in the 1000 pound club. her instructional videos on bench press are terrific.
  • i've always waffled back and forth between a routine that emphasizes lower reps at a heavier weight and one that goes for lower weight and high reps as a means to build muscle. the routine i'm using splits the difference, but im still not convinced that it's the best idea (because i'm an idiot with no real background in lifting that's making this up as i go along). what do you guys think?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 182 Comments