Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Saying Goodbye to Windows 10

0 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture
September 26, 2015 at 10:19pm
106 Comments

Just thought I would put this info out there for Windows 10 users.  Microsoft has acknowledged that there is a keylogger installed by default with Windows 10.  It can be disabled but I have heard from some people in the IT community that keystrokes are still logged "for development purposes".  

If you're choosing to stay with Windows, you can disable the keylogger with the instructions at this link.

I've also heard rumors that file systems of Windows 10 users are constantly monitored to make sure users aren't downloading illegal material.  

Made the switch to Linux Mint and I couldn't be happier.  It operates very similarly to Windows but still requires some command line for various tasks like updating plugins.  I've also configured NFS file permissions until I move all of my documents and files from my Windows partition to an external hard drive.  

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up as I'm sure this is something most people don't want on their computers.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 106 Comments