Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Today Has Been A Great Day

0 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture
February 10, 2015 at 9:21pm
70 Comments

Now, before you continue reading thinking this is Ohio State-related, it isn't. But, since #BuckeyeNation is a family, I wanted to share my success with my fellow men and women in scarlet and gray. If you do not wish to have your time mildly wasted, please click away.

About a year ago, I decided to put my degree away and take a different career path and manage my friends restaurants for him. Out of respect to him, I will not list the name of these stores, so that our competitors who may have employees on this site, can not get a leg up. Yesterday, my salary stood at 48,000$/year to make sure two restaurants are functional. As of today, I signed a contract doubling my salary plus I've been granted a 10% ownership stake in the company. This is amazing news, as we are opening 4 new stores over the next three years. I know most of you do not know much about me, but I am only 26 years old. My hard work has paid off, as changes I have made to the restaurants have made breaking ground on new stores possible.

As proud as I am of myself, this is not the great news. The signing bonus I received today allowed me to pay off my parents house before they lost it to foreclosure. My father is an Ohio State alum that now never has to worry about having a roof over his head as I have agreed to financially support them so they can finally retire.

Thank you for listening/reading, thank you for celebrating this with me. Life is good. Being a Buckeye is good. God is good. I never imagined this life for myself, but I couldn't be happier. The Ohio State Buckeyes are the undisputed National Champions, 2015 NSD was a massive success, and the next 10 years of my life are guaranteed.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 70 Comments