Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

New Mods (and Your Annual Reminder to Stay Classy)

Jason Priestas's picture
September 25, 2014 at 9:18am
120 Comments

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm pumped to announce that CALPOPPY and Seattle Linga, two outstanding members of the 11W community, have been deputized as mods. They'll join the rest of the moderators in performing the thankless work to help keep Eleven Warriors great.

We continue to grow, with more and more new members, comments, and the occasional verbal flare-ups and other things that fly in the face of our commenting policy. Unexpected losses in week two have a tendency to bring out the bad in some people, but just remember: be cool and we'll all have a good time, regardless of what happens on the field (okay, maybe that's a stretch, but be kind, it's a hell of a drug).

Something else I want to quickly touch on are the GIFs of bouncing lady parts. I've spoken up about these before because a) I want 11W to be a place where female Ohio State fans can hang out and b) they don't really add anything to a football or basketball conversation.

A few days ago, things got serious on the bouncing lady part GIF front when we received the following email from Google:

Hello,

This is a warning message to alert you that there is action required to bring your AdSense account into compliance with our AdSense program policies. We’ve provided additional details below, along with the actions to be taken on your part.

Affected website: elevenwarriors.com

Example page where violation occurred: http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/anything-else/2014/07/37179/so-i-wanna-join-the-gif-party

Action required: Please make changes to your site within 3 business days.

Violation explanation

Google ads may not be placed on pages with adult or mature content. This includes, but is not limited to, pages with images or videos containing:

Strategically covered nudity
Sheer or see-through clothing
Lewd or provocative poses
Close-ups of breasts, buttocks, or crotches

Yeah.

I've already sanitized that thread, but suffice to say, things just got real. To put it bluntly, there's no Eleven Warriors without ads, so effective today, I'm moving to more of a zero tolerance policy with regards to GIFs of bouncing lady parts and the like. This also extends to your user avatar which, contrary to the opinions of some, was not implemented for members to get their daily T&A fix.

If the mods or I or anyone on the staff comes across anything that would make your grandpa blush, you'll likely be banned. You've been warned. Please warn the others.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 120 Comments