Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

One Sad Individual's Sock Puppet Army

Jason Priestas's picture
July 27, 2014 at 8:57pm
204 Comments

So, like many of you, I watched the user TedGinnIsFasterThanYou repeatedly violate the comment policy over the weekend, insulting other users, getting political and doing just about whatever possible to be a shitty member of this community.

You guys took care of business, downvoting comments that crossed the line and TedGinnIsFasterThanYou was teetering on the edge of bandom—and then a funny thing happened. From a Helmet Sticker balance of -42, the account started to accumulate upvotes. Nearly 50 upvotes in less than a half hour. But how could this be?

As it turns out, TedGinnIsFasterThanYou was one of 10 accounts created by a single user, with new email accounts tied to each one, and all traced to the same IP address in Pennsylvania. The accounts, showing their status earlier this evening:

User ID Name Created Status
3431 Bucks43201 6/24/2011 Banned
12077 9Route 4/5/2013 Active
12831 AlphaMaleBettor 7/4/2013 Active
14901 NotCincyOSU 12/1/2013 Banned
15790 Jack_Q_Football 1/19/2014 Banned
16311 Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco 2/16/2014 Banned
17125 B1G_Deal 5/19/2014 Banned
17408 MeyerMattaScarletHeroes 6/18/2014 Banned
17652 RickKaneWasHere 7/8/2014 Banned
17725 TedGinnIsFasterThanYou 7/15/2014 Active

Seven of the 10 accounts have long since been banned for inappropriate behavior and/or falling below the commenting threshold. All three active accounts held by this individual have now been banned as well. I'm sorry to report: 9Route, like the cake, was a lie.

AngryWoody's picture

9Route? Really? And you think you know a guy...

Our Honor Defend!

+33 HS
Remy's picture

Indeed a sad day. Will miss 9Route and his announcements.

9Route
For Uncle 9Route

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

+16 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I think he had an announcement tonight at 5 for the potential ban. Still not quick enough apparently.

+4 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

I noticed late last night he was giving himself up votes to try and dig himself out of the hole he dug for himself. When that didn't work, Ted Ginn went to a post dating back to early March and started spamming it, earning a single HS per post. Thank you for sorting this out.

+7 HS
funtubs's picture

I'm surprised he had the creativity to create 10 completely individual usernames. I can barely think of 2.

+19 HS
chitown buckeye's picture

I couldn't even think of one good one! I went with a non creative city buckeye name..... Or do I not really reside in Chicago??? 

"I'm having a heart attack!"

+3 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

You know how many months it took for me to think of this one?

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

+13 HS
703Buckeye's picture

If I had to create another account, it would be Buckeye703... no one would ever figure out it was me.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+13 HS
Boxley's picture

What about Route69, that way you get them coming and going?

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." President T. Roosevelt

+5 HS
nfischer's picture

Whoever said there is no justice in this world was absolutely wrong.  Karma, baby.

+7 HS

Boy, you think you can trust someone on an Internet message board...

+11 HS
InTressITrust's picture

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

+22 HS
buckeyebfd's picture

Back into your innerwebs hole!

+24 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

Schizo, I guess.  I remember Bucks43201 actually having some good things to say here and there.

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+2 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

I'm surprised AlphaMaleBettor had managed to avoid being banned. I recall his posts being more than a bit shady.

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I'm satisfied...this announcement was on time and not hindered in any way.

So long

Farewell....

I am not the Last Dragon, therefore I do not possess the power of the Glow.

+14 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

Guess I missed one.

FloridaBuck's picture

Lol. I was just going to ask about that. 

+5 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Lol.

I hope he finds his own Nurse Ratched somewhere down the line...

+5 HS
Habu71's picture

I guess with my lengthy silence that would make me "Chief". Thanks for that reference.

+1 HS

We may have witnessed the greatest Troll to walk the interwebs. Is it sad that I'm happy to have gone on the ride? This is hilarious!

+17 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture

Was KateUptonsLowerBack the one that every time anyone was mentioned would say, "I wonder if he is related to (random person with same last name?)" It was in every thread for a week or two. That Genealogy Troll Hat must not have been too comfortable because it didn't last long.

+1 HS
M Man's picture

I never forgot about Kate Upton's lower back, but that's just me.

+12 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

From this angle its hard to see her lower back.All I can see is her upper front.

Unky Buck's picture

Knew that was him! The connections just seemed to great.

brandonbauer87's picture

I'm a little disturbed. Not only did he have 10 accounts, he seemed to have 10 personalities. I'm not sure if he's a psychopath or just really lonely. I can honestly remember a lot of those accounts, and they all seemed to have individual personalities. 

+22 HS
FloridaBuck's picture

Kinda. But I remember a lot of posters calling him out on those accounts being the same person. 

+4 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

Someone called him out for being Johnny_Shane_Utah_Falco yesterday. I knew he had multiple accounts but I have no idea how anyone could pinpoint which accounts have the same creator other than 11W way of tracking IP addresses.

+5 HS
osu07asu10's picture

It can be done...I used some interwebz trickery when he was 43201 to put him on blast for some contradictions he made

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

EvanstonBuckeye's picture

Personal fave was RickKaneWasHere. That was an amazing thread.

+3 HS
Poison nuts's picture

The funny thing is Brandon, with KateUptonsLowerBack, that's 11 different personalities. Or his very own 11 Warriors if you will...

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+4 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

In other news, congrats 11W on over 17000 users!

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+13 HS
funtubs's picture

Thanks in large part to this guy and the others like him

+2 HS
AngryWoody's picture

You've discovered the secret of 11W. There are actually only six people who post on here, we all just have a few thousand accounts.

Our Honor Defend!

+35 HS
stittracer99's picture

Just wait until it's discovered that Hove and Buckeyesvstheworld are actually the same user and both accounts are padding each others helmet sticker totals. People will be rioting in the streets

+17 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Impossible.

There's no site recovery protocol if that were true. We're not even supposed to be in the same thread most of the time...

+3 HS

This entire thread is just one person talking to themself

+16 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

No wonder I have never seen Hove and BvtW in the Premium Lounge at the same time.

+6 HS
bodast67's picture

Sorry guys, i took this picture of Hov & B Vs. W at our last 11W premium shareholders meeting...They are definitely not the same guy !

" I hope when I die, I die laughing"...                

+3 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

are you sure, because one moment Hov is like,

and then the next he is like

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+4 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

maybe it's better to have him spending his free time trying to troll 11W, than mingling with unsuspecting people in the public.

A smidgen of sarcasm present above....

He'll be back, and probably sooner, rather than later.

+5 HS
Bucks's picture

3 years of trolling? Oh my. "I'll teach 'em. I shall devote idiotic amounts of time to new names/emails!" This is kinda hilarious (and disturbing). Look forward to your next endeavor @ the library with a new ip.

+5 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Look for a big uptick in Chinese IP addresses here...proxies. 

+5 HS
buckeyebfd's picture

Maybe they're the real life Orphan Black?

+3 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

Wait.. We're not allowed to do that?

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+2 HS
Silver_bullet_tex's picture

"I'm sorry officer, I... Didn't know I couldn't do that." - Dave Chappelle

+8 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

This explains quite a bit. Still, I'll miss Uncle 9er.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS
stittracer99's picture

That's like Kaiser Solze level shit by 9Route et al. But even more remarkable CIA-type work by Jason. I'm a little surprised BassDropper wasn't one of those user names on the blacklist.

+9 HS
sharks's picture

Pulled the monster head mask off Ginn and it ended up being old man Uncle 9er, who ran the amusement park. And he would have got away with it too, were it not for you meddling kids.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+25 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

Jinkies! Look what we have here!

+4 HS

Zoinks!!

+2 HS
kholmes's picture

Im surprised he was able to do such a good job getting around the system as the security here is pretty tight. One thing I like here is how you have a "cooling off" period for any new members so it takes a couple days to get your login credentials as this eliminates trolls who just come over to write some garbage after a loss or after a big recruit commits. By the time it takes to get the login those type of people have lost interest.

In addition, I have a good story here as to when I applied for a user id here. I applied for the same user id as I have over at mgoblog (where I am also a reasonable poster) and I quickly learned that Jason must cross-check against mgoblog user id's. After a few days of not hearing anything back about getting login credentials, I sent a message to check on the status. I received a nice message from Jason back that I was denied as all the message said was: "The simplest answer is that we reached our UM fan quota for this quarter. Please try again later." My email account was a generic gmail account so the only way he could have possibly known I was Michigan fan was checking that user id against mgoblog names. A few months later I wanted to comment on another article so i tried again (with a new user id) and it worked.

+27 HS
kholmes's picture

I went back and found the email from April 2012 and confirmed it was you that sent it. Great line.

+21 HS
sharks's picture

Wonder if Brian does the same thing. I have the same user name but rarely post there.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

kholmes's picture

There is no security/waiting time there. You can apply for an account and post 10 seconds later. 

ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture

Now for those of you who know this, let's not abuse this info and go and troll.. unless you want to be Uncle9'r for MGoBlog... Actually, I'd be impressed if he had multiple accounts there already... o.O

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Bucks's picture

There aren't many UM fan/alumni on this board. The ppl who are, tend to be respectful & intelligent. Appreciate your insight and decorum here, something I hope translates from this site, there.

+12 HS
Bucks's picture

And by not many, I meant too many :)

+5 HS
Boxley's picture

Like, you know, 2 to 3 tops.

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." President T. Roosevelt

1stYrBuckIClub's picture

I'll never forget the 9Route Jeff Greene post... That was some epic fun. I just wonder, who could keep track of ten different accounts? I'm lucky to remember passwords for one or two things.

+5 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Probably the same password...

+1 HS
Earle's picture

I feel like I just got plucked out of the Matrix.

Italics are for emphasis.

+11 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

9Route...live by the gun...get slapped down by Jason Priestas! Well played, Jason.

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+7 HS
nfischer's picture

So, does your IP address travel with your provider?  If so, he may actually switch providers just so he can maintain his trolling habits.  This is weird, interesting, disturbing, fascinating and a wee bit creepy.

+1 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

Can't we just allow 9route to stick around? He rarely used that one anyway. 

buckeyeEddie27's picture

10 or 11 accounts and a whole wheel of cheese? I'm not even mad. Uncle9er was my fav.

I know there's a game Saturday, and my ass will be there.

+3 HS
ohiowhitesnake's picture

I feel dirty. 9er had us all fooled 

+1 HS
aboynamedtracy's picture

Apologies if this comes off as smug, but he most certainly did not fool all of us. And I'm not the only one who had at one point called him out.

+1 HS
toad1204's picture
Seems like the dude had a little too much... 

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+24 HS

+5 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

Please check for new user ID:  "Sybil"

I seem to recall one characteristic all of those personalities had in common: heavy drinking and weekend melt-downs.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+10 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Never understood the 9route hype. 

Somewhere that dude is sitting in his moms basement practicing autoerotic asphyxiation to this forum thread.  

+32 HS
Remy's picture

An upvote and a Zima to Chief B1G Dump. Your posts are spot on.

Zima

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

+7 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Remy, you always read my mind. Someday, we will share a cold one: http://www.change.org/petitions/coors-bring-back-zima

Until then, +1. 

+4 HS

Mmmmm Zomething Zifferent!

+3 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

He had his moments. That account was largely harmless, but I can't forgive him for being part of all of these other headaches. I mean, who even has time to do something like this?

IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Wish I had the free time to be able to waste it that badly.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

I agree, way too much hype for someone who rarely posted. I'm not a hater, as there are a lot of guys on here who deserve the love and always have insightful comments or like Earle, have a razor-sharp wit. The whole Jeff Greene thing was classic, but other than that, I never saw what was so great about the guy. I admit that I never spoke out before because I knew his myth had reached kind of a Robin Hood-esque level and I figured going against the herd would just end in down-votes and tears . . . that and its wasn't a big enough deal to really discuss.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+3 HS
Earle's picture

What if I told you my name wasn't really Earle...

+11 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

+5 HS
BierStube's picture

...or Earle was really Earl ...

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+3 HS
Earle's picture

I don't know what you're talking about.

+3 HS
BierStube's picture

.. or Earl was really Earle ...

+4 HS
Earle's picture

That guy looks really old...

+2 HS
BierStube's picture

+4 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

You mean . . . it's URL?   Bwaa-ha-ha.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+1 HS

I think the only mythology was portrayed by his multiple accounts. What started the whole thing for 9route was his forum post that we should all follow his twitter acct because he will break recruiting news, yet was always a few days late. People ragged on that so much it became known.

+2 HS
Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

I'm with you chief. The site is full of personalities, many of which don't bring any content or insight with them. Ah well, with popularity comes drama. 

Read my entire screen name....

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

I'm with you chief. The site is full of personalities, many of which don't bring any content or insight with them. Ah well, with popularity comes drama. 

Hey - I resemble that remark!!

+6 HS
BucksfanXC's picture

This will have 9 more upvotes when I remember all my other passwords

“Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect.”  - Woody

+6 HS
Boxley's picture

Yes, well one can dream cant one?

Poison nuts's picture

Yep. Glad someone said it. Dude's weird (all 10 11 of him).

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

OSUpawn's picture

Makes me wonder if Bass has multiple accounts. 

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+4 HS
BassDropper's picture

Im sure Jason can confirm that this is my only account.

DIRECTIONER

+3 HS
bodast67's picture

Confirmed...this is video from the last 11W fishing trip !

+7 HS
bodast67's picture

yeah, couldn't find a Bass gif during my break !

+2 HS
InvertMyVeer's picture

I always wondered who NotCincyOSU was lol

Football is complicated...

+2 HS
CincyOSU's picture

I had a feeling it was either Falco or 43201....who knew it was the same person.

+3 HS
Li Xiao Buckeye's picture

Is this real life!?!?!?!?...

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. - Bruce Lee

+4 HS
thowen79's picture

Is this just fantasy?

+2 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

"Caught in a Landslide, no Escape from Reality"

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Look up to the sky and see

+3 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

I'm just a poor boy . . .

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

Not Uncle 9Route... I feel like we just watched Old Yeller get shot all over again...

*tear*

+9 HS
Earle's picture

Wait, so Phil Collins didn't help him get through his divorce?

+3 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

Bye, Bye to the Johnny-Shane-Utah-Falco guy

Drove Bucks43201 to the levy, but the levy was dry

Hodge and Ramzy were talking bout wisky and Rye

Singing some version of "Buckeye Battle Cry"

Some version of "Buckeye Battle Cry"

I can't remember if I cried

When I read that Uncle9er's account had died

but something touched me deep inside

the day Uncle9er died

And we were singing.........

+32 HS

Dammit, now I want some American pie!

+5 HS
Boxley's picture

What would suck, if this was Uncle9er's new  "Beard". Well done either way.

I promise, I am only one account but I still have multiple personalities!
Sometimes fuzzy nuts gets on and messes with you guys. He has an odd sense of humor but can be easily distracted by imaged of acorns. Just an FYI.

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

here fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy........

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

osu07asu10's picture

+3 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Whoa there... naked butts..

NSFW

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS

I fully regret my actions in that scene. Nasty Nate was fighting dirty so I had to clack the marbles once so he respects me. Then I took him down like the squirrel hater he is!

now my fish know not to drop the soap!

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

so I had to clack the marbles once so he respects me. 

HAHA! SM, I've waited months for the right time to drop that GIF, and that comment did not disappoint!

Phillips.449's picture

My jaw dropped.  I compare this to someone cheating on their significant other.  How does one have the time or patience for this?  In fact I don't have time for one wife and one 11W account (ask my wife, she will agree).

+2 HS
Buckeye On Elba's picture

This is why some of us must remain unmarried. It's a burden.

+2 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

I feel like I need to shower. This is so creepy. What if it's a group of people who all live together in the same communal setting. Each taking turns posting and trolling.

whiskeyjuice's picture

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+11 HS

That is so brilliant!

+1 HS
Earle's picture

OK, I guess I'll be the one to ask, Jason: All those helmet stickers, are they, like, up for grabs, now?

+13 HS
toad1204's picture

Other lesson learned....  Don't mess with Jason.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+2 HS
hodge's picture

Does this mean that I have to return my 9Route grammar award?

+12 HS
stittracer99's picture

This isn't the NCAA ,Hodge. Once something is won, it can't be un-won. 

+7 HS
BierStube's picture

Sadly .. since 9Route was not real ... neither was the award!  But you are still ok in my book if it makes you feel better!

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Hahaha I totally forgot about that. I thought he was going to give out a string of awards to people? I think yours was the only one he ever did.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

Buckeyeneer's picture

I forgot about that too. He let me nickname them the "Routys"

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

same IP address in Pennsylvania.

James Franklin?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+17 HS
buckeyes7222's picture

New-ish member here. Sorry to bother you guys but can someone please fill me in on this 9Route guy, if you don't mind? It would just make this whole thread so much clearer!

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Uncle 9er's existence on this site is really the ultimate "You had to be there" joke.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+9 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

I think it's in the same category of Bucksfan changing his icon.

+10 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

And Meg.

+3 HS
Buckeyebrowny919's picture

Both of these just made me tear up a bit...

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

+1 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

My favorite 9route thread is the one where he was talking to the foreign guy with terrible grammar and they were complaining about American women. Probably the hardest I have laughed reading anything on here.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+4 HS
stittracer99's picture

If I'm remembering correctly, the "foreign guy with terrible grammar" was B1G_Deal, which if you look above, was one of 9er's alias'. Therefore, his personalities were having conversations with each other.

+11 HS
GoBucks713's picture

HAHA Good ol' OSU4Life.

-The Aristocrats!

+3 HS
Scott's picture

Welcome back, 9Route!

Class of 2008

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

I knew Johnny-Shane_Utah_Falco was an alias for another poster, but I thought it was Colerain_2004. Im shocked his name wasn't on the list.

DIRECTIONER

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Colerain changed his name to Groveport Heisman, but he's a cool dude so I ain't even mad.

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Yea I announced I was forced to change my name and BassDropper still accused every new member for a couple months of being "Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T." Oh well I cant lie and say I never thought old Bass might have had multiple handles.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
osu407's picture

You seem milder since the name switch. It is strange how that can give certain impressions. 

airbuckeye's picture

Damn it Cajun now you got me going nuts over the western clip because i have seen that movie and now im trying to rememeber the name of it. That will bug me for days now till i figure it out and i have a bad habit when talking to someone when i have been trying to place a movie.

I will all the sudden out of nowhere shout out the name of the movie because it just popped into my head just then.

I get the strangest looks when that happens from people now im going be thinking of that clip till it come's to me. Oh well ill just tell them Fred yelled it out from behind me and ran off,

cajunbuckeye's picture

Trinity is still my name. 1971

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+1 HS
RenegadeBuckeye's picture

I'm sorry to report: 9Route, like the cake, was a lie.

Portal reference? 

+1 HS
funtubs's picture

He said the cake was a lie. So yes.

osu407's picture

And here I was clicking on this thread because I thought it was going to be a lively debate about the merits of sock puppets. 

+4 HS
FairfaxBuckeye's picture

And here he is......

+6 HS
Boom777's picture

I take it he's unemployed...

Wherever you are, there you be!

+4 HS
Fatpants's picture

Good Lord. Get a life.

I'm guessing being banned from the interwebs will give him more time to dig his hole and work on his skin suit.

+3 HS

"would you check my I.P. address...... I'd check my I.P. address....."

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+11 HS
Fatpants's picture

Would I upvote you.......I'd upvote you

+4 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture

I wonder if we're being a little overly objective here.

Okay, let's assume that the 9Route "personality" (i.e., subjectively aware entity) shared the same  I.P. address as these other personalities (or internet identities), which in turn were all created by one flesh-and-blood Pennsylvania resident (who only exists, in theory, and in his own mind, but cannot be confirmed to exist in some objective physical reality). Does the bad behavior of these other internet beings (or identities) invalidate the goodness of the 9Route entity? Who's to say that 9Route is even consciously aware that the other identities/personalities exist? Maybe the 9Route personality rescue-upvoted the TenGinnisFast personality because he had strange, inexplicable feeling of connection to TedGinnisfast that he needed to explore more deeply. 

+3 HS

If it is true that 9route wasn't aware of his other multiple personalities, he is now! lol

and I'm not sure, but don't multiple personalities all have different ideas, wants and likes? so what you are saying is that "john doe" has 10 different personalities (sorry, 11 including the tramp stamp) that all like Ohio State and 8 of the 11 enjoy trolling doubleonedoubleu?

and for the previous commentors thoughts that multiple people might live at the same residence, 9route should have known and should have done something after the first couple of troll accounts.

at least we can still follow him of twitter. ;)

+2 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture

Yes, that's a great point. Maybe now 9Route has become better acquainted with his other personalities (or housemates? or identity thieves?). It's painful to be banned from 11W, but perhaps now 9Route is closer to shedding his chimerical cocoon (which must have felt like a cyber straitjacket) and now he can be reborn as truly autonomous 9Route?

Let's wish 9Route well on his path of self-discovery.

+1 HS
gumtape's picture
Twitter or local Pittsburgh news... Who could forget the famous 9Route sighting from a few months ago?

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+13 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Maybe Priestas wil let 9er back on special occasions? I mixed it up with 43201 over his PSU diatribe but I've got a soft spot in my heart for Uncle 9'er

+3 HS
Earle's picture

Yeah, I don't see that happening.  Jason's a generally benevolent overlord, but still not to be trifled with.

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

southernstatesbuckeye's picture

Uh, you better continue running, Fido.

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Man, 43201 went hard with the other accounts after his ban hammer was dropped over the PSU scandal.

+1 HS
SAK's picture

Yay. What are the chances he will be back?

buckeyebfd's picture

I think his mission has been accomplished, 126 responses to this topic, he's reaching Torrance Gibson status

+6 HS

It would be hilarious if we let 9route stay active, see how long he lasts. Maybe we can all just learn to deal with 9route.... pretend he isn't bipolar. Better yet change his name to 9accounts.

+9 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Uncle 9accounts just doesn't have the same ring as 9Route..but given the circumstances I think you're spot on.

+1 HS
BierStube's picture

9Route is really a French model ....

+13 HS
Buckeyebrowny919's picture

I....am actually pretty impressed. Each one was its own character. It also scares me a bit...

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

+4 HS
BucksfanXC's picture

9Routing needs to be a verb for this now. When someone who has been here for half the time I have ends up with twice the helmet stickers, I'm just going to rationalize it with "They are probably 9Routing it"

“Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect.”  - Woody

+4 HS
airbuckeye's picture

After reading the sock puppets thread which was a classic by the way now i think i need to go into dresser drawls and make a few change's . Put all my sock in one drawl and put a lock on it to protect myself at night now just in case they two develope their own personality.

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Are your socks from Texas?

+4 HS
bleedscarletpissmaize's picture

I agree with this. I will do the same.

airbuckeye's picture

Im not sure but i think i have heard voice's comming out of those drawls from time to time.

+1 HS

Wow me and a couple other posters tried to point this out when RickKanewashere went on an absolute tear a month or so back. He was calling posters bannable names and receiving 3-4 upvotes immediately while those arguing with him received 3-4 DV's. Hopefully this will be a lesson for the others on here that have multiple accounts and use them to skate the system. Great job Jason.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Don't poke the bear, Groveport.

+2 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

I avoided reading this thread till just now. I saw the title and was like "Why in the world do I wanna read about sock puppets?"

All I can say is this thread cracked me up. So many hilarious comments. So many good memories. 

+3 HS
stittracer99's picture

Don't judge a book by it's cover Tenn. I've found that many of the great threads on site happen under the guise of some random title.

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Yep, never let a thread dangle here.  You might miss an icon change or something.

+1 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Normally I wouldn't, but I figured it was some sock puppet video or something. But when I saw he comment count rising higher and higher, I was thinking, what the heck is that?

+1 HS
BucksfanXC's picture

My standard Upvote response will now be: "This will have 9 more upvotes when I remember all my passwords."

+4 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

If anyone else was on the ESPiN message boards before they shutdown, there was a dude there who supposedly had hundreds of screen names over the course of years.  Many of which acted differently and he replied to himself in threads.  I think his name was Stevie.  Personally, I think it was a cover for Mark May.

+2 HS
stittracer99's picture

Personally, this whole thread has given me a new outlook on life here. "We're through the looking glass here people. White is black. And black is white"

+7 HS
BUCKI06's picture

Now that Uncle 9er is banned, I hear he's going to take some time off and rekindle an old romance...

"As long as we're keeping score, we're gonna try to win this thing." - UFM

+21 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

Good to know the guy has a life outside of the computer...........

Citrus's picture

Now I am wondering if 10 people really liked my comment. Or if it was just one :-(

I wondered what happened to 9Route. First we lose Tressel, the John Watters, now, Unky 9er! All of my heroes are dead!

+2 HS
1967Buck's picture

Wow, this is hard to believe. I have just 1 account and it keeps busy enough.

OSU_ALUM_05's picture

So how long before 9'er is back via a different IP address and dropping subtle hints about his identity until 11W bans him again?

+1 HS

That guy will be back and it will be fast. His Ego is way to big to let this be how he goes out.

Tater_Schroeder's picture

Google being searched right now: "How to change IP address..."

How Firm Thy Friendship

+2 HS
The Urban Legend's picture

I feel dirty just knowing that he probably already has a new account and is just sitting back watching this thread gain popularity. 

The Legend continues

+4 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

You are all hereby under suspicion of being another 9route account... Can't trust anyone around here.

+7 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

I'm half surprised that one of his accounts wasn't OSU4Life

Class of 2010.

+3 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

So..Given Uncle 9'ers penchant for making bold, somewhat outlandish statements...

Can we call him a modern day Sock-ra-Tease?

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+1 HS