Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Congratulations to Andy Vance, Your New (Half-Naked) Site Moderator

Jason Priestas's picture
June 24, 2014 at 6:11pm
72 Comments

As the community here continues to grow, so does the need for great site moderators. Earlier today, AndyVance was deputized and he'll now join the other moderators, watching over your comments like nervous parents.

As such, he'll earn immediate access to the Moderator's Lounge, which is kind of like the Premium Lounge, but is catered by White Castle instead of The Refectory.

Remy's picture

Congrats Andy. Is this the official photo of Andy becoming a moderator?

Andy?

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

+14 HS
AndyVance's picture

Reporting for duty!

+22 HS
Rocket Man's picture

Cue Yakkity Sax.

"Statistics always remind me of the  fellow who drowned in a river where the average depth was only three feet." -- W. W. Hayes

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Jane Leeves from Frasier and Hot in Cleveland was a Benny Hill Girl!!!!!!

+2 HS
BUCKSOMIES's picture

God I loved Benny Hill.

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Ha awesome...

Congrats Mr. Vance. Enjoy your White Castle! 

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

Li Xiao Buckeye's picture

Yay!  Congrats.  I'm glad he got a committable offer!  And he didn't even have to camp!

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. - Bruce Lee

+6 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

I hear Moderator pay is outstanding - and they even offer dental.

+3 HS
Citrus's picture

So Andy Vance is seen half naked and later that day he becomes a mod. Hmmmm must've been impressive. Well done sir.

+8 HS
AndyVance's picture

Let's just say that I tried to pass this off as my application photo, and apparently at least one member of the staff watches cable television and called my bluff (I'm not naming names, but he hails from The City of Kings and has a barely legal obsession with a long-dead president).

+6 HS
teddyballgame's picture

I crystalballed him to the Mod team about an hour ago but nobody noticed I guess.

+24 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Well, what you should have done is put out an announcement yesterday at 4 saying that you had an announcement to make at 10 last night. You should read up on Uncle 9er's handbook on how to do this. This would've gotten everyone's attention.

+3 HS
1967Buck's picture

Congrats Andy, A bag of White Castle to go!!

+1 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

Andy is good, and so is this move.

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

buckeyestu's picture

Congrats Andy, would get you something from white castle, but I have never been to a white castle, is that about the same thing as a waffle house? I have never been to an IHOP either. Went to a McDonalds once, but got sick moments after I ate there.

+2 HS
rosenbuck's picture

Awesome!  Hov does a great job, and I'm sure Andy will help make this an even better community. 

+4 HS
LouGroza's picture

So, Andy had to get naked for who? Just to become a moderator? Do not know what is going on here. 

Anyway, good luck with your new duties and one more question. Will we be subjected to naked moderating?

+3 HS
AndyVance's picture

Let me just say that, having been trained in the arts of moderation by the legendary masters Bill Brasky and Jack Handy, I have chosen the Soldering Iron of Justice as my particular implement of office. Happy commenting :) 

+5 HS
BME_Buckeye's picture

Congrats Andy. Plz don't ban me.  

Anyhow am I the only one that thinks white castle is nasty. Gross!

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

+7 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

I've always hated white castle (which ironically was known back in the day for being exquisitely clean), until a road trip back to Columbus when I tried their chicken and waffles sandwich. Good Decent stuff.

+2 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

I once left some White Castle in my car overnight. Haven't ate it since. That smell was not of this world. 

Thankfully, Cane's caters into the premium lounge from time to time. That stuff is worth every helmet sticker. 

+3 HS
EvanstonBuckeye's picture

Sad confession of the day: once had fifteen (15!) White Castles on the way home from a Huey Lewis concert (Huey Lewis!). My mom finally asked me about half-way through the following day: "What the hell is wrong with you?"

Tough to explain, even tougher to remember. I'm sure that made it easier for the folks to send me on my way after graduation.

+3 HS
OSUStu's picture

We had a rule back in college that anyone that had White Castle leftover may not put it in the refrigerator.  The fridge all the other food in there would stink for a week.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

Hovenaut's picture

Finally, I can take that coffee break they kept promising me...

Awesome news...and it just keeps getting better around here. Congrats, AV!

Your work station is over there, I think you're just hooked up to basic cable for the moment. 

+12 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Congrats Andy! Can't think of anyone better than you for this job. :)

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+4 HS
Gametime's picture

Much deserved Andy V!

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+2 HS
BuckeyePride's picture

Congrats, Andy. I haven't signed in much lately, but this is good reason enough. Well deserved!!!

How Firm Thy Friendship....

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Must not be a lot of late drinkers in here. I couldnt eat Whities during the daylight but late at night with a buzz it might be one of the greatest treasures around. Jalapeno cheeseburgers,chicken ring sammies,and sliders?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
Nick_Satan's picture

I am German so english is not my first language. Even though grammar Nazi's like to point out my mistakes all the time. It makes them feel better about them self.

+3 HS
chitown buckeye's picture

Congrats, Andy! Keep us safe from ourselves!

"I'm having a heart attack!"

+4 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Congrats Andy.......Great move 11W

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+2 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

It would be an honor to have one of my posts deleted by Andy Vance.

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+8 HS
AndyVance's picture

You sir, are too kind. To quote Nick Fury, I've got my eye on you.

+2 HS
Buckeye in Illini country's picture

Perhaps we should re-up our old favorite Friday thread and see how low we can go before Andy puts us down.

This low enough?

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

+8 HS
chicagobuckeye's picture

why does it say mod under Andy Vance's name?

+1 HS
SoCalBuck26's picture

Congrats!!!!!!!!!  Can't wait for you to enforce your rule like this

+7 HS
1MechEng's picture

Uh oh! Andy's just gone Big Time!

Save some time for the little folks you left behind.

+3 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Andy's here to enforce the rules:

+7 HS
Young_Turk's picture

Congrats!  Don't forget to play dumb at your inaugural press conference.

+5 HS
gumtape's picture

Let's all give Andy something to moderate...

Umm. Republicans! Democrats! Fox news! Redskins!

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+6 HS
Boxley's picture

CNN, HLN, ESPNNNN, see if it has an N in it! It's bad

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." President T. Roosevelt

+1 HS
Nappy's picture

Welcome.  You'll find the power intoxicating.  That's why I drink.  So I can't tell the difference.

Fan of bacon since 1981

+4 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Damn, now I am going to have to watch my language. Hov let me get away with everything.

+5 HS
Oldschoolbuck's picture

I believe the addition of Andy makes this the top class in the nation!

+3 HS
BierStube's picture

Congrats Andy ... there really should have been a gray box ticker tape parade for this sort of news!

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+3 HS
BHT's picture

Congrats to Mr. Vance. He deserves to be a mod on this wonderful site.

+1 HS
Phillips.449's picture

GRAY BOX!!!!!! Let's celebrate this commitment!

+2 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

This is great news! Andy Vance is the man. Congrats!

+3 HS
AndyVance's picture

Aww, shucks... Thanks Tenn! I'll try to not let you down.

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+4 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

Congrats, AV.  Thoroughly enjoy your posts on here and it has been a long time coming. 

+1 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

Congrats Andy!  I look forward to testing your patience!

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+2 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Andy on the job to enforce Ramzy's Rules of Engagement!

My first question: what took so long?

Second question:  Am I the only one that finds it interesting that this promotion comes right on the heels of the "Andy seen half-naked" article?

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

Timing is everything, or so they say...

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Just think, if you had dared to bare all, you'd probably be on staff.
Well done, Andy.

Italics are for emphasis.

+2 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

+2 HS
Young_Turk's picture

Quick!  Somebody google "Andy Casting Couch" and report back what you see.

+3 HS
BrewstersMillions's picture

All those years of agreeing with Andy and generally liking his posts and contributions have finally paid off. I shall have free reign of the posts he moderates!

Congrats Andy, and 11W.

Do I come off as arrogant? Shame on me, I was hoping it would more obvious.

+2 HS
BullCityBuckeye's picture

Congrats Andy! I've always thought your comments have always provided just the right blend of wit and insight.  We are lucky to have you!

+2 HS
Unky Buck's picture

but is catered by White Castle

I'd pass on it now if I were you, Andy. You can't moderate well when you're constantly headed to the bathroom with a bad case of the White Castle runs.

But seriously, congrats buddy. Well deserved!

+2 HS
umbyosu's picture

Congrats, Andy. 

Jus 2 lett yu knoo mi sppel chk doe snot work 2 well, sooo Bee kin dd!!

+2 HS
Denny's picture

I'm going to replace all use of the word 'deputized' with 'debutante', and my you look nice today, Andy.

Taquitos.

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

The inmates have officially taken over the asylum. Congrats, Andy, your plan is working.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+3 HS
Idaho Helga's picture

Congrats Andy, now I'm sure you'll be even MORE productive at work.

It does beg the question; Half naked? Which half?

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

My two favorite answers to this yesterday were:

"The left half," and

"I'm hoping it's his better half."

+1 HS
Buckeye Scottie's picture

Congrats Andy.  At first I was like:

Then it hit me, it's probably more like:

+1 HS
causeicouldntgo43's picture

I understand it will look good on your resume........

+2 HS