Southern Ohio farm boy writes about the business of agriculture for a living.
Writes about politics because he's a closet policy-wonk.
Writes about Ohio State football because on Saturdays in the fall, nothing else matters.
Being in the stadium when Ohio State defeated Arkansas in the now redacted Sugar Bowl. Close second: being in the stadium for Kenny G's near-miraculous last-minute drive against Purdue.
- College Football Player: Archie Griffin (of course); John Simon, Zach Boren
- College Basketball Player: All-time: Jerry Lucas. That I actually saw play: P.J. Hill
- NFL Team: Pittsburgh Steelers
- NHL Team: Columbus Blue Jackets
- NBA Team: This hardly seems important... (Magic's Showtime Lakers?)
- MLB Team: Cincinnati Reds
- Soccer Team: Columbus Crew