Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior

Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture
April 9, 2014 at 1:17am
21 Comments

Grew up watching this legend in the 80s

Buckabroad's picture

Damn, that is awful News. Loved this guy when I was a kid growing up.

"The minute we stop expecting greatness, we become Wisconsin."

+2 HS
Dr. House's picture

it has been one hell of a ride these last 4 days being a wrestling fan. this is not the ending stamp i wanted. if anyone saw his Final promo on raw on monday it is freaky as hell in retrospect. 

+2 HS
Dr. House's picture

"No wwe talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats it's final beat. His lungs breaths it's final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others makes them bleed deeper and something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit will be immortalized. By the storytellers, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running the man did live forever. You are the legend makers of the Ultimate warrior. In the back I see many potential legends. Some of them with warrior spirits, and you will do the same for them. You will decide if they lived with the passion and intensity. So much that you will tell their stories, and you will make them legends as well. Ultimate. You are the ultimate warrior fans, and the spirit of the ultimate warrior will run forever."- warrior less than 24 hours before he died  chilling stuff

+5 HS
Crumb's picture

Chilling is putting it mildly. It was so weird to see him on RAW and then last night to hear he died, I thought at first it was something like the Onion just telling a bad joke. Crazy.

"The only good thing about it is winning the d*** thing" - Urban Meyer on The Game The War

Buckeyeneer's picture

RIP. I'll take down my post. I can't believe it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/former-wwe-champion-ultimate-warrior-dead-a...

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+1 HS
mobboss1984's picture

Man this sucks! He and undertaker were my favorites

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

Buckataltitude's picture

His match with Hogan to win the title is still one of the best matches.

His energy was/is almost unmatched if you ask me.

+1 HS
OSUStu's picture

Damn.  One of my two favorites when I was a kid.  RIP.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

gumtape's picture

I remember his comeback in WCW about a decade ago. They called him "Warrior" because WWF trademarked "Ultimate Warrior"

High and tight boo boo

+4 HS
HomeBrewed's picture

He will be missed

Clever Statement

+2 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

I guess it was an urban legend when I was growing up, but I was under the impression that the original Ultimate Warrior had already passed, and that his brother took over.

Like I said, I was 8 or 9 with a sweet Ultimate Warrior Poster on the back of my door, and I think he changed up his face paint or something, so maybe that's what sparked the rumor.

+1 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

I can resist the opportunity to post a hilarious gif.  Sorry Warrior .... RIP.

+2 HS
Buckeyebrowny919's picture

Had a good friend die yesterday also. I drank myself out of emotions last night between these two.

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift - Steve Prefontaine

+1 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

I haven't followed wrestling in decades since the Ultimate Warrior was in the WWF 80's and late 90's (I believe). I have a friend who tried to get me into The Rock but I just couldn't do it.

but I was a fan of this guy back then and it sucks that he is now gone. Man was he juiced!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

bukyze's picture

Seems like these wrestlers are dropping at an alarming rate.  I wish Vince cared more about his employees health, rather than having these jacked up 'roided dudes.  But I guess that's what sells, and all the wrestlers know of the side effects.

Dr. House's picture

Since the Benoit murders the company has cleaned up in a way I'd call it stunning. You aren't seeing the giant roid monsters of the 80s to 90s. You are seeing a much safer move set between wrestlers. Doctors who are actually stopping matches when the wrestler is hurt (see Bryan v orton before summerslam). Concession checks. It goes on the company seems to actually give a damn about their workers. It seems like a long while since the roster was last purged of talent like they used to in the 90-00s the day after wrestlemania. They have an openly gay member on their roster that to disbelief they did not exploit on air like I thought they would.  

Some people want the return of unprotected chairshots to the head and mick foley being thrown off the top of the cell. I can tell you that adult me does not. this is an enjoyable product now with a roster full of characters that are well worth my cash.   

BassDropper's picture

I watch 'rasslin on the DVR that way I can fast forward through all the crap...well, I feel awful for fast forwarding The Ultimate Warriors speech on Monday. The only memories I have of Warrior was when he was in WCW and I was a 5 year old diehard wrestling fan. 

I can't help but to wonder if this is similar to what happened to Jerry Lawler. Warrior was returning to WWE, who knows, maybe he was going to get a shot to wrestle one more time and the vigorous training these guys go through played a role.

DIRECTIONER

Buckeyeneer's picture

Hopefully they will come out with a new DVD tribute to him, especially since him and Vince made up. The self-destruction one was informative, but it basically character assassinated him (whether deserved or not).

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

9Route's picture

I'm just happy to be here

+1 HS
EazyDoesIt's picture
Rest in ... Parts Unknown.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

So sorry to hear this news - heard it today at work - sad for the two girls and his wife. 

+1 HS