Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Final Guesses for Signing Day Intrigue

0 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture
February 3, 2015 at 10:53pm
104 Comments

So, if you missed tonight's Hurry Up, here's what I have discerned and heard heading into the night before signing day. The stories are all interesting, the players all have great choices and there's nothing but educated guesses out there. When a player waits this long before he makes a decision, it's rarely because he knows where he wants to go, but instead means he's truly torn. 

Josh Alabi: I think this one is over and I think he's going to Miami. Period. Why? I don't know. 

Torrance Gibson: I believe Gibson sticks with Ohio State because that's where he feels the most comfortable and what I know about Gibson is that he's a young man who values loyalty above all else, and the Buckeyes have shown that to him when others didn't. Yes, there were questions, but Torrance Gibson and the Buckeyes make sense.

KJ Hill: Ohio State. Maybe some last minute thoughts about Alabama because of proximity to home, but the Buckeyes feel good about Hill, so I do too.

Isaiah Prince: Buckeye. Ohio State felt good when he visited, felt good afterwards, and felt good after his trip to Maryland.

Mike Weber: No one knows. Period. Best guesses are 51-49, 60-40, 45-55, etc. Who cares. Again, I think this is about comfort and trust and there's no one that Mike Weber has more of that with than Kerry Coombs. Weber may be the last player from Cass Tech to ever don the Scarlet and Gray while the current staffs are in place at both schools, but I think he sticks with his heart and the Buckeyes. Once he signs and sends in the LOI, all the pressure from Michigan and friends and family will disappear. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 104 Comments