Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Community Interview Questions for Grant Schmidt...

Jeremy Birmingham's picture
June 24, 2014 at 6:24pm
26 Comments

Let's have them!

labuck's picture

Why do you feel like tOSU is the right school for you?

ODEEZ330's picture

Can you describe what other kids in north dakota are like compared to the kids you went against at camp at osu

O'Deez330
stark county football

+5 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

South Dakota*

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+5 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture

What is the most exciting part about being a Buckeye?

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

What are your hobbies or interests outside of football?

+2 HS
Abe Froman's picture

Are you more Crazy Horse or Mount Rushmore?

Basking in the wake of mediocrity.....

+8 HS
1967Buck's picture

What is your thoughts about the OSU campus?And what did you get to see?

+3 HS
otrain2416's picture

How does it feel to go to a school that's in a city with roughly the same population as the entire state of South Dakota? What was your favorite part of Columbus?

+7 HS
ITWASME's picture

Is the relationship between North and South Dakota as sour as the one between Ohio and Michigan? 

+9 HS
MikeNugents BigToe's picture

What do you believe you can bring to Ohio State, on or off the field, that is unique to you?

"Remember that 55 yarder against Marshall?" -Not Mike Nugent

2002osubuck's picture

It's been stated you really wanted an offer from the Buckeyes specifically. First, is that true? If so, why? And second, what coaches and players have you developed relationships with so far?

+3 HS
Killer nuts's picture

What is the general perception of Ohio State football in South Dakota?

+10 HS
Wesleyburgess1's picture

Great question. This gets my vote.

OSUpawn's picture

Is their a recruits or players that you have got to know over the recruiting process that you could see becoming roommates. 

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

You've been quoted as saying Ohio State was your 'dream school'  Most of us have some Ohio connection, thus the reason we follow the program with such passion.  But what made it your 'dream' school,  being from SD?

+14 HS
Eph97's picture

How much did you follow OSU football growing up, and what is your feeling about the OSU-UM rivalry?

+2 HS
BroJim's picture

What do you think will be your biggest challenge once you arrive on campus (on or off the field)? 

I season my simple food with hunger

+3 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Grant, welcome to the greatest fraternity that is Buckeye Nation. You are the first Ohio State player to come from the state of South Dakota. What does that mean to you?

+3 HS
BuckeyeinToledo's picture

Got a nickname you'd like us to call you?

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

+3 HS
chicagobuckeye's picture

I asked this to a number of last years class members, so what is something you do that most people don't know?

+3 HS
makearuckus's picture

Being the first commit from South Dakota , Would you help in recruiting ,from that area of the country. 

"Woody's style was strength-on-strength, will-on-will, toughness-on-toughness." Woody's philosophy was, "I will pound you and pound you until you quit."

MN Buckeye's picture

How did you become interested in Ohio State over other B1G programs that are closer to home?

+2 HS
EwanJobi's picture

You said that when you received the offer from Ed Warriner you thought everyone was surprised but you. Could you expand on that? What did you know about yourself that others didn't?

+3 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Being from South Dakota, a state with roughly the same population as the city of Columbus, do you feel prepared for the transition to one of the largest campuses in one of the largest cities in America? 

-2 HS
cinserious's picture

What will be your approach to strength and conditioning, academics, playbook study, and general competition against other recruits once you arrive on campus in 2015?  Would you enroll early? How would you separate yourself from the rest of the class to gain an advantage?

Gone ham, be back soon...

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

What is your target playing weight? Has the coaching staff told you if you project better on the inside or outside at tackle?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS