Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Matthew Burrell & Damien Harris

305Buck's picture
June 22, 2014 at 7:05pm
47 Comments
305Buck's picture
+4 HS
305Buck's picture
+4 HS
305Buck's picture
+10 HS
otrain2416's picture

Hmmmm Friday Nights Happens to be in July......

+36 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

I believe the original tweet was referencing "The Opening" which is in early July. I believe Birm will be there. 

Buck Commander's picture

Good Golly what could this mean??????

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

Gametime's picture

Sound like the Buckeyes are about to take over The Opening...AGAIN....

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+8 HS
Knarcisi's picture

June was the appetizer. July will be the main course. 

+5 HS
GoCAVSnBUCKS2's picture
+2 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

The anticipation is maddening!  Can't wait!  GO BUCKS!!

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

dubjayfootball90's picture

THIS SH*T BE GETTIN' SERIOUS!!!!!

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

Mercurius's picture
+8 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

...How did he know that was Harris? o_O

+5 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Maybe Harris has an OSU sticker on his car? 

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+2 HS
Becool12's picture

I'm beyond creeped out

+1 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

It was definitely Dave Biddle.

+12 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Or Ibuck.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

Mercurius's picture
+5 HS
SilverState's picture

Solid finds. Thanks for sharing.

Dips's picture

Look at 305 going back to a thread from three weeks ago instead of starting a new one.

you da real mvp

+17 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

How was this 3 weeks ago lol?

-3 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I wish Burrell and Harris would just commit to OSU already.

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+3 HS
OSU069's picture

And Gibson. I think that we actually lead the most for him. 

+1 HS
HeuermanTheFireman's picture

Instead of starting a new topic I will leave this here:

The person responsible for toes clearly wanted you to stub them.

+5 HS
HeuermanTheFireman's picture

Mind = OSU, Heart = Kentucky 

The person responsible for toes clearly wanted you to stub them.

jamesrbrown322's picture

I can't imagine any part of any elite recruit wanting to play football at UK. Obviously, if you're a local kid, there is a lot of pressure. But, if you're wanting to compete for national titles, or even conference or division titles, I can't imagine every wanting to play there. But, hey, Barker went there, so Stoops is doing something right with the local kids I guess.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

TheBadOwl's picture

I know a lot of people who picked OSU over other schools because it was close to home and their heart was here. I was one of them. Could've gone to other schools with better programs in the major I wanted. Picked OSU because it's where my heart was. And I know I made the right decision.

See, it's a lot different when OSU is the home school. Look at the Glenville kids who had offers from Bama, but picked OSU instead because it was home. If they're trying to win national titles, Bama is a better place to be right now.

Let's not act like Harris is an idiot for considering his hometown school. He seems like a smart kid, and it's always a really tough choice.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+4 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I don't disagree necessarily, but there is still a BIG difference between picking OSU over Bama and picking UK over, well, literally every other school in the. He's free to do as he chooses, obviously, but I was just stating that IMO, I wouldn't even consider it. However, I am sure that will all the $$$ they have, UK has upgraded and can sell kids on playing immediately in the SEC, and helping to turn the program around. However, OSU is much closer to winning title that UK possibly will ever be. Heck, I think Louisville is closer to playing for titles than UK.

I certainly do not think that the kid is an idiot, and am glad that he is taking his time, rather than making a rash, emotional decision and regretting it later. Either way, at least it appears that there is almost no way that he is going to *ichigan anymore... And that's good for everyone!

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

Woodshed's picture

Go with Taco Bell Damien. Mcdonalds sucks.

+12 HS
Brutus1972's picture

Getting curb-stomped 7-10 times a year for 3-4 years at UK is going to get that heart of his broken into a million pieces. UK is a wh*re! I normally support any athlete that decides to stay home to go to school and play their sport. However, going to UK for anything other than basketball just doesn't have any realistic appeal to me at all. You cannot logically convince me that Mr. Harris will be in a better place 3-4 years from now by attending UK instead of tOS.... just about anywhere else.lol  I think that he gets on the field early at UK but it also means that they will relentlessly ride him into the ground on a game to game basis thereby shortening his possible future NFL career and $. I understand the pressure but at the end of the day he has to map it out and make the decision based off of where he will be in 3-4 years instead of how easy it will be for him in the immediate future. " Mr. Harris, use your head, your heart will be full by the time you leave C-bus."

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

I feel Damien though. Today I have to choose between Chipotle and HotHead. Yeah exactly, walk a day in my shoes Damien.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+9 HS
chitown buckeye's picture

Man, that is tough. Be thankful you have a "top 2" this early. Let us know the hat you choose. I wish you luck even if you don't choose chipotle.

"I'm having a heart attack!"

PittBuckeye's picture

Chipotle all day everyday, thats like an OSU vs. the university of Tennessee Martin recruiting battle.

+3 HS
allinosu's picture

It appears that just below that twitter that Damien is going to announce Dec 13 at Rupp arena just before the UNC game. I don't like the sound of that.

AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

Agreed, who in their right mind would announce in a College arena to go to a school OTHER THAN the one he is announcing at? 

Shoot me now, smh. Not good.

CincyOSU's picture

It doesn't appear that came from Damien. It looks like some fan threw it out as an idea and is trying to get it to gain momentum.

+3 HS
SilverState's picture

She's just messing around. (Or he, if this is really Bass trolling them again.)

bucks15's picture

Hopefully his heart and mind will be saying the same thing after he takes in the atmosphere at the Shoe.  To be frank, Kentucky isn't in the same league when it comes to stadium and fan passion.  After he sees this we will get him, tough to imagine Kentucky offers a better combination of heart and mind than we do.  

+1 HS
sox33osu's picture

Harris' situation sounds so similar to EzE's, it's crazy. Hopefully he comes to the same conclusion.

+1 HS
niblick's picture

I wont loose a minutes sleep ever over losing a recruit to Kentucky, plain and simple.  There is NO WAY IN HELL you go to UK if you care about winning, PERIOD.  No different than Stefon Diggs going to Maryland.  If that's where you wanna play rather than here, then good luck to you and stay healthy and best wishes.

+9 HS
Murph32's picture

This feels like the James Quick recruitment to me. Which sucks. 

+1 HS
zebiraross's picture

As soon as the season progresses UK will continue to get their heads kicked in, as OSU battles for a playoff spot. Harris is smart, he wants to play for a winner or he wouldn't of uncommitted from the whore. And dont forget who got him to uncommit...

Zeb

TheBadOwl's picture

The battle of head vs heart is a tough one, especially when the hometown school is involved. It's a battle we've lost a few times (Diggs, Quick) and won a few times (EzE, Vonn Bell, etc.)... Can't ever really fault a kid for wanting to stay home, close to family.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS