Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Torrance Gibson top seven...

Jeremy Birmingham's picture
May 29, 2014 at 6:09pm
129 Comments
dubjayfootball90's picture

not bad still since he has yet to visit. Still in a strong position

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+1 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

May as well be 4th. I doubt he's going to Oklahoma.

+3 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

Has he even planned a visit here yet? 

+2 HS
weimerad's picture

Your thoughts Birm?

+1 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture

I've actually given up on him. He's made no concerted effort to check out the campus; it seems like he keeps the Buckeyes on the list just to garner the attention from Buckeye Nation. Much rather have Waller as a QB

+13 HS
Bolt's picture

I don't think it's necessarily fair to make those assumptions. He's a high school kid, it's the offseason and he lives way down in the south...he can't just come whenever he wants. He's said at all times that he wants to get up to Columbus, but this isn't like Justin Hilliard where he can get in his car and drive an hour and a half up to Columbus for the weekend for an unofficial visit. He's only had the opportunity to take visits to multiple schools once this offseason and it was basically a spring break road trip (where he gave every indication he would try to make it to Columbus) but he would've had to sacrifice going to see nearly every other school on his list to make it all the way up here and all the way back down there. He's still planning an official and an unofficial to Cbus when he has the time. 

+2 HS
Grande Gustavo's picture

I don't think he is jerking us around by any means or anything, but until he actually gets up here for a visit, I just don't think that he realistically is going to be a buckeye.  Unless I am mistaken however, we are the only team on that list that he hasn't actually visited yet, which puts us in a not half bad position.

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle, but it never hurts to check. 

+2 HS
ab1993's picture

Don't want him. I'm good with taking Burrow and giving someone like Nick Conner or Anthony McKee the spot instead

+12 HS
BroJim's picture

Why don't you want him? Meyer still does, that's good enough for me. Do you know the Buckeyes and their needs better than the head coach, I think not. 

I season my simple food with hunger

-3 HS
ab1993's picture

I personally don't want him playing for the buckeyes....? I don't have to agree with the coaches lmao

+14 HS
BroJim's picture

Why, what did he do to you?

-7 HS
tae1986's picture

Brojim, why do you want TG? What did TG do for you?

I know some people here are not a big fan of TG but I want him to be in this class like you.

However, there is no need to attack a guy for saying he doesn't want TG in this class tho.

Some people have concerns with his recent trouble and/or his passing game.

Remind yourself, Nobody built like you, You designed yourself.

+3 HS
BroJim's picture

Since when is asking questions an attack?

I want him because the staff does and I trust the staff. Also, I think he has a lot of potential. He also has the ability to being other top level talent to Columbus. 

+3 HS
tae1986's picture

Do you know the Buckeyes and their needs better than the head coach, I think not. 

Why, what did he do to you? 

Asking questions is not an attack. However, I don't know those are really questions.

Did you actually think TG might have done something to AB1993 personally?

At least you could have phrased it differently.

I don't want to take AB1993's side but c'mon man, we are all here to share information and support our team together, we don't need to bring someone down for no apparent reason.

+1 HS
BroJim's picture

I not bringing anyone down (In my opinion), i'm asking someone why they don't want a highly rated recruit on our team. I agree, we are here to support the team but If someone says they don't want the top QB the coaches want it's okay for me to engage that person with a question. Stating that someone knows less than a coach is hardly an attack, it obvious fact. I'm just curious, Tae. 

skid21's picture

If someone says they don't want the top QB the coaches want

Who said they didn't want Waller?

+3 HS
BroJim's picture

I see what you did there. It's still debatable, I suppose.

jamesrbrown322's picture

BOOM!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

jpbuckeye's picture

That is timeless and classic. Thanks!

It is also hilarious.

tae1986's picture

Brojim, if you really didn't mean to bring him down, I guess that's just how you express yourself everyday and I have nothing else to say.

It just came off as you are attacking him and I think I'm not the only one saw it that way according to multiple down votes.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to criticize the way you are. That's not my business.

AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

Im not sure if us being 5th is a very good position, you guys can keep hope alive all you want but I doubt he's coming here. He is a little butt hurt we got a QB commitment the other day. He can say that doesnt matter all he wants but I do not believe him. Not that he cares what I think, im just being real. Id rather have Joey or Waller anyway. 

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Want to know irony?

OSU offered Burrow when they did because he was allegedly going to receive a Tennessee offer by the end of the week...

Gotta admit that it would be pretty ironic if that led to Gibson going to Tenn, no?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

osu07asu10's picture

I'm more excited about Joe Burrow's top 1

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+34 HS
B1G_Deal's picture

This so far comment of the month for 11 w ,, I up vote

+3 HS
tdible2132's picture

Birm any idea why he's not planning to visit this summer? I think that all but seals the deal that we won't be landing him if he doesn't visit this summer. Just my opinion but he'll likely have visited UT and AUB 3 or 4 times each before he makes it here for an official visit

+3 HS
AngelHeartsBuckeyes's picture

He hasn't visited yet and yet we're still not in last place. I think it's a bit early for the 'we don't want him anyway' talk. Let's see where we stand after he, you know, actually visits Columbus.

Buckeye born and bred. Buckeye til I'm dead.

+7 HS
Crimson's picture

Keep your reasoned approach out of here.  This is no place for that.

+7 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

... If he actually visits Columbus. That blade cuts both ways. 

+1 HS
ab1993's picture

Why should we change our opinion on if we want him or not based off of him coming here or not? I am not a fan either way and don't particularly want him in this class.

+1 HS
BroJim's picture

Completely agree, Angel. 

CentralFloridaBuckeye's picture

Lets hold tight until he's had a chance to visit Columbus.  This list is okay for now, but until he has seen all of the schools then it doesn't matter what position you are in.  Just as long as your still being considered.

Go Bucks!!

+3 HS
danman9450's picture

Both auburn and miami have 4star qb commits already this year and lsu has the kid harris from last year who is competing for the starting spot. I believe this will help are chances.

+1 HS
Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

I'm going to bet you that when its all said and done, we also have 4 star QB committed already. 

Read my entire screen name....

+6 HS
Northbrook's picture

A new list? Was somebody not getting enough attention?

+17 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Yea why the fuck would Oklahoma move ahead of us when he acknowledged tOSU was taking 2 QB's and tried to say he wasnt scared of competition that he would come in and just take the starting job. The only thing I think that has happened since he listed his top 40 was Joe Burrow committed to the good guys. Something doesnt add up and if I'm wrong someone please point it out for me.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-2 HS
EDUGOON's picture

D I V A ! ! ! ! ! ! 

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

+7 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Lol, this kid never stops.  Totally in love with himself.

I used to think we stood as good a chance as anyone.  It's becoming tough to still think that way though, as it seems like he's visiting Tennessee and Auburn a lot lately.  At best we'll get one official visit from him in the fall and the staff will have to hit it out of the park to make up all that ground.  I don't think I'd bet on it...

+8 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

some of you guys are divas 

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+12 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

He commits he does, he doesn't commit then he doesn't. Y'all get to worked up over this shit. 

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+7 HS
DefenceWinsChampionships's picture

Sooo are you asking us "Why so serious???"

+3 HS
Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

Watch out though for realsies, the only thing they get worked up about more is grammar. 

Read my entire screen name....

jamesrbrown322's picture

If he does, he does.

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

duplicate post.

TheBadOwl's picture

He trimmed his list from ten to seven. OH MY GOD YOU GUYS WHAT A DIVA.

Oh, and he's actually visited Oklahoma. And the staff told Travis Waller that he's the top target. Which they've probably said about Gibson as well. None of you have met him or talked to him. Stop with the "diva" talk.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS

He visited Oklahoma before he made his top 250 and had the Buckeyes ahead of the Sooners. Are you saying Oklahoma moved ahead of us because of a kid we havent even officially offered or are you going to roll with common sense that says we dropped because of Joe Burrow committing?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
Jake321's picture

Well Gibson has known from the beginning that Ohio state is going to take two quarterbacks and he said that burrows commitment did not affect him. Considering there is no reason not to believe him about that I'm going to believe that it has to do more with the fact that Waller said osu has him as their top quarterback. 

So you are saying it has nothing to do with a QB that actually committed to tOSU and has more to do with a QB we havent even officially offered? Makes sense I guess. :/

Jake321's picture

Well I mean auburn already has a 4 star quarterback committed to them and that doesn't seem to be affecting their recruitment of Gibson so why should our commitment bother him?

Tennecheat also has a skilled athlete that they have promised a shot at QB committed. Basically  that is what I have been saying all along, I'm basing this whole argument off of other posters saying he contacted 247 and Rivals to drop our interest hours after Burrow committed. Burn and Cheat both have QB's committed but it hasnt affected his recruitment with them. Does it really seem logical he dropped us for a QB we havent even officially extended a offer? I swear I'm not trying to argue to be a jackass I really want somebody to provide a solid argument to convince me otherwise. Because at this moment it looks like the kid is trying to use tOSU as window dressing. Kid is talented and I hope we land him but sometimes its better to wash your hands and walk away.

SilverState's picture

5. Ohio State - “It’s just the staff and (Buckeyes head coach) Urban Meyer is a great coach. They have a great offensive coordinator (Tom Herman). Braxton Miller is leaving after this year and they are looking for someone to fill his spot. Even though they took a four-star quarterback (Joe Burrow) that doesn’t change my opinion of them. The Buckeyes are still a great program. I’ll visit them for the first time in the fall for an official visit. I talk to (Director of Player Personnel) Mark Pantoni and Urban on Twitter. I haven’t talked to coach Herman in a while. That’s probably why they are No. 5 for me.”

per http://247sports.com/Article/Torrance-Gibson-breaks-down-Auburn-Tennessee-Ohio-State-etc-28866727

+1 HS
dwcbuckeye's picture

"I haven’t talked to coach Herman in a while. That’s probably why they are No. 5 for me.”

It is Herman's fault. 

Fire Herman!

+5 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Probably cause he has been talking to Waller.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+8 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

Staff needs to move on Travis Waller. He's a heck of an athlete and he's a more polished passer than TG. 

+11 HS
jpbuckeye's picture

I would love to see a more polished passer carving up secondaries, hitting seams over the middle, and throwing receivers open with consistency. Velocity change ups would also be a nice option (more touch/more air when needed).

-1 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Meh, more excited that a kid from SE Ohio gets to be a Buckeye. If Mr. Burrow turns into the next Craig Krenzel well forget all about this.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+4 HS

Love this attitude Bleed. Although I dont care which part of Ohio the kid is from as long as he is within our border.

+1 HS

SE Ohio is where I grew up and and where my mother is buried so it's always a good to see a home area athlete make it to Columbus, starter or backup or scrub. I saw Athens play several times when I was in my 20s. It's the small town boy in me :)

And one thing my mother taught me was to respect people, even the ones we dislike. I dislike this whole narcissistic recruiting garbage we see commonplace nowdays, but I sure as hell am not going to verbally insult a teenager or his family over it. Some people need to swallow the red pill or something and wake up to reality (the entire Tennessee fanbase for one).

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

BucksFan2000's picture

And if he's the next Justin Zwick?  I'd feel more comfortable with 2 QB's.  Doesn't have to be TG, but QB's can make or break the whole team so why not get another arm in camp.

We're getting 3 scholly's back too.  Use them up.

+1 HS

No guarantee he will be a bust. No guarantee he will be a star. All I was pointing out was I was happier to see a home area kid make it to the big time than reading the rest of this thread.

BucksFan2000's picture

Ok, but Krenzel isn't an Ohio kid.

+1 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

No, but another 6'3" throw-first athletic QB was..

It's also believed that Burrow is the first quarterback from the Southeast District in Ohio to go to OSU since the late 1970s when Art Schlichter matriculated to Columbus after a standout prep career at Miami Trace.

Source: Burrow says yes to Buckeyes

hobochops987's picture

Why do I have a feeling he read the Waller interview,  And guess who Herman is working on.  I wouldn't want to put a school high on my list if I was their number 1 priority for all this time and then this Travis Waller kid says the staff was telling him he was their #1 priority.

Trust in UFM

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Gibson's #1 priority right now is visiting Tenneessee and Auburn as many times as he possibly can.  Why wouldn't they start working on other guys?  If they're lucky he'll come up for ONE official visit in the fall and that's their only chance.  You think it's wise to bet on hitting a homerun?  Not when he openly says there are 4 leaders ahead of us and he's going to visit some of them multiple times before he even steps foot in Columbus.

+4 HS

I'd  bet he might be one of the kids that uses his Official to watch a really good game at the "Shoe".Maybe even drag it out and get a free trip to watch us wax *ichigans puss?

+1 HS
Li Xiao Buckeye's picture

I logged on just to up vote this...  Best. One. Word. Sarcastic. Comment. Ever.  Wait... no sarcastic font... is this a joke or not?  Now I'm confused.

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. - Bruce Lee

+2 HS
LouBuck35's picture

He's coming here. Unless he doesn't. The Buckeyes will be fine either way.

I want a fall Saturday in Ohio Stadium..

+7 HS
SilverState's picture

Classy, them Vol fans:

+5 HS

Haha I knew it wouldnt be long before those Tennessee cats brought out the nooses. Sad bunch of fucks.

+6 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Yes, a little more class like that and we slide up to #6... Mov'n on up baby.  

+5 HS
LouBuck35's picture

Shameful that anyone is subjected to that kind of talk.

I want a fall Saturday in Ohio Stadium..

+4 HS

We have a sad sad individual that is serial DVing fellow Buckeyes in this thread for no reason. I will try to counter the miserable POS by upvoting everyone I can no matter how fat you called my Momma. Whoever you are you are a sad individual and need your ass beat. +1

-2 HS
Lawver_5's picture

I'm not sure if someone needs an ass beating for clicking a down arrow on a website..

+1 HS

You are right, in reality they probably need a big hug. I guess it was more of a figure of speech. Thanks for admitting to DVing fellow Buckeyes for no reason. ;-)~

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Not sure if its the slow start, the overkill on social media or just me hating the game, but the top "whatever" lists are killing my interest in CFB recruiting.

That said, I appreciate the coverage/updates/quick bits provided by the 11W staff without question.

This isn't a shot at Torrence Gibson by any means, nor do I mean to derail the thread.

Sorry all. End rant.

*Edit* I guess the serial dv'er beat me to it.

Thanks for the wholehearted effort to contribute to the discussion. Really.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+7 HS
SilverState's picture

But, but, but, but, but Hove:

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

'scuse me while I kiss the sky...

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+2 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

I find it refreshing to confirm that Hove is human. 

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

yawn. This dude is predictable. 

+2 HS
B1G_Deal's picture

I think it's a wonder if Tim say after soph. Class ' hey you guy , u want to consider move to that wr position , because that's best Nfl chance '

He should think that's a big pictures

Triple upvote for supporting  our Buckeyes straight out of Tel-Aviv. ;)

+3 HS
sharks's picture

Jesus Christ, 11w.

Why didn't you update us when he released his top 13, big 11, top 9.3, and his final 8?

And lol at the TN fan tweet.  Good god.  Just wait til he trends somewhere else and the Barners get loose on him.

Honestly, UCF might be the best fit for him.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

-10 HS
B1G_Deal's picture

Hey guy ,, no need to use Lord's name in vain over football recrutung

+10 HS
sharks's picture

God almighty, this site used to be a fun place to post.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+6 HS
phxbuck's picture

So I am definitely looking forward to my down votes but are we honestly happy with 2 recruiting cycles landing Collier and Burrows? Is that honestly the highest level caliber of QB we can pull at OSU? 

+3 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

Considering that Mike Tomczak is the only QB we've had at tOSU in the past 40 years that has had any sort of a respectable NFL career, Some might say yes.

+3 HS

I see what you did, maybe we can tell Gibson we can turn him into a punter at the next level

+5 HS
sb97's picture

Whatever works!

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

I met Mike Tomczak in 5th or 6th grade. Maybe younger...can't remember, but it was the only autograph I ever got. I was never an autograph guy, but when I was that age, it was just the biggest deal to meet OSU's QB. He came to my elementary school & spoke and was a really legitimately good dude from my recollection. A little group of us stayed behind & got autographs, which I remember the teacher saying not to do, but we did & he signed them all. Held onto that for like 15 years before I finally lost it. Damn

So that's my random story about Mike Tomczak - it was not a story about Torrance Gibson because sometimes, I drift a bit..

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+2 HS
Crimson's picture

I didn't know we landed Burrows.  I'm not sure how I feel about an innocent ex-con.

Lincoln Burrows will kill you to prove his innocence.

+5 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

Cant we go ahead and scratch off the pro-style offenses? I can't see these coaches changing their offenses (i.e. the ones that made them successful) for one kid?

jamesrbrown322's picture

A pro style offense and the chance to develop into an NFL QB is what brought Pryor to OSU...

+2 HS
allinosu's picture

He says he is closest to butch jones and the vols players. I think he is a pro receiver playing QB. He has accuracy problems. Just like up north.

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

As of right now, and this is just my opinion with which some may disagree, Gibson's a lost cause. OSU has gone from the clear favorite, to co-favorite, to #2, to #4 and now #5. He has gone from definitely visiting Columbus this summer to "trying" to visit this summer, to now waiting until the fall to visit.

The kid is a tough pull as he is from a much warmer weather locale and has never played in the type of conditions he'll face in November in the B1G. Furthermore, he is being offered the opportunity to see a lot of PT, and perhaps even start in the SEC. If you look at the NFL Draft numbers, national titles, and the media machine shoving the conference down our collective throats, that's awfully difficult to turn down for a 17 year old.

I would love for OSU to land him, but won't be heartbroken if they do not. It will bother me more if he goes to an SEC school than it will that he didn't go to OSU honestly. Because we will hear incessantly about how he'll face better competition, and "who wouldn't want to play in the SEC?" So if it's not OSU, I am hoping that it is Miami or Oklahoma.

Either way, OSU will be just fine in recruiting. I just wish this would resolve sooner rather than later. Perhaps if he truly is a lost cause, and the coaches know it, they can try and turn around and pursue someone else at the position, or make an offer to someone else. Maybe they could even refocus on Tim Settle. Whatever they do, I hope he makes the best decision for himself and family. And until he does, I don't care.

+5 HS
sivaDavis's picture

If his accuracy is at a 4 playing in Florida, what's it going to be in November playing up north!?!

Give me Waller... Or give me Wimbush when he decommits from Penn State after they go 4-8. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
OSU2002Grad's picture

People sure do like to get their panties in a bunch on some recruiting. You don't like kids getting attention and coming up with monthly announcements/lists? Look in the mirror. Seriously.

+3 HS
Barnsey69's picture

Gibson is just having fun with the recruiting process, and how he does that is his business. At this point, I doubt that he knows where he is going. Personally, I don't understand why all of these blue-chippers don't take all their visits and see some sights...most of us never get these types of opportunities. Still too early to panic, and for the record I'll take a diva who can win games versus a quiet, decent QB who wins "some" games...

That being said, he needs to pick a squad by the end of summer so he can help recruit for his new team.

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

+1 HS
bleedscarlet's picture

5* legs / 3* arm

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken

+1 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Auburn I understand, Tennessee I just don't get.  The program hasn't been relevant since Manning was there and they have the worst fans in sports.

+3 HS

The program hasn't been relevant since T Martin, really..... However I did enjoy it when they made Kellen Winslow part 2 break off his infamous "I'm a £^<€!!! Soldier !!!! " comment.

+1 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Well if he wants to go to Tennessee then go, but I have absolutely no idea what kind of brainwashing that Butch is doing down in Knoxville to get him to go there. I guess you can enjoy sitting pretty at home for the holidays, because I'm pretty sure that 5-7 doesn't give ya a bowl bid!

+1 HS
DeepSouthBuckeye's picture

I don't think there is too much confusion on what Butch is selling TG.

"Come here and you will start from day 1."  Simple as that for Butch.

Loving all things Buckeye from SEC country in Alabama.

"How firm thy friendship....O-HI-O"

+1 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

The argument that a tradition-rich program has become irrelevant can always be countered by a coach who pitches recruits with the idea that their class can be the one who brings back the glory.  It's an argument that flatters the ego, and has the advantage of also being plausible.  Convince enough top prospects that they can change things, and pretty soon you have a couple of classes put together that have a real chance at changing things.

WesPatterson23's picture

Well, it seems that Torrance is visiting Auburn again (today or tomorrow). I hate to say it, but I don't think he will make the effort to get up here. I think it's a race between Auburn and TN. I would say offer Waller and go from there.

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Waller or still recruit Wimbush and try to flip him. Gibson made an effort to go out and visit Oklahoma but not Ohio State? "Ohio is so far" Then what is Oklahoma? We have a huge fan base and that's what he loves, the attention. If he ends up in this class then okay good, if not, Ohio State will still be contending for national titles each year. Not too worried about or high on him anymore. Let's go get an ACTUAL quarterback. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
SilverState's picture

fwiw: 

"I want to try and visit Ohio State this summer before my season kicks off. I want to visit UCF too."

Per - http://socialhub.usatodayhss.com/portal-page-athlete-blogs/item/2138-the-torrance-gibson-athlete-blog

+6 HS
BassDropper's picture

not happening.

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

I mean I doubt it as well but it is interesting that he still might visit if we "stopped" recruiting him. 

+1 HS
Woodshed's picture

Dude, if I could up vote you a million times I would. Simply because you bumped an existing thread rather than starting a new one.

+15 HS
osu407's picture

I agree.  Can't we just have one thread per recruit and revise as needed when news arises?

+1 HS

You need to bump the other threads for dramatic effect :-P

jamesrbrown322's picture

Allegedly Tennessee is out of the Gibson sweepstakes too. Some theories that Miami may get back involved. This is amazing drama to watch. 

So, has everyone moved on from him, and now don't want him, or are OSU fans willing to take him by default if it comes to that?

+3 HS

The way a few staff members and recruiting analysts pumped this kid up there will always be a large group of fans ready to not only except him with open arms,but ready to brag and argue over why he is the best thing ever..

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I've moved on, but I wouldn't turn him down. It's not like he's some kind of criminal.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
Woodshed's picture

Yeah, I heard the same thing. Locksley will prob choose Auburn or FSU and Francois will probably go to the other. Tenn now has 1 QB commit and another that they promised would get an opportunity to play QB. It looks like all of the places he was interested in will be full at QB.

All of that in addition to the rumors of numerous coaching staffs "cooling" on him is not a good look for the kid.

Crazy how recruiting works.

+3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I'm starting to feel a little bad for the kid honestly. According to a local personality here (Tennessee), who is a former Tennessee assistant, they wouldn't even accept his commitment as it stands now, but I don't believe that. I just hope things work out for him. It's not as is he was accused of rape or even shoplifting. Then again, we all now know that shoplifting can be an attribute of a Heisman winning QB.

+5 HS
niblick's picture

Theres a WHOLE LOTTA people here that need to man up and admit they were wrong for downvoting me months ago when i was the first one to say " dont want TG, hes drama and not worth it".

-4 HS
OSU069's picture

Well if you read the recent comments on here you would see that most people don't agree with you. We still want him. He seems like a primadonna but it's not like he's a criminal or anything. If he wanted to come here I would gladly accept his commitment as he is a very talented player.

+2 HS